Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey Guys, First I just want to start off by saying thank you to everyone that has commented on and/or contacted me about the your interest in the iPad dash. It has taken me a lot of trial and error but over time I have found the best combination of accessories that will work in sync when getting it all wired up and charging. Many of the products released for the iPad in the car audio industry for some reason do not work when paired together. And depending on how you want to set up the iPad in the vehicle will in turn determine what accessories you will need. With that said, there are two different options that are available when you switch to the iPad interface as a head unit for the vehicle.

Option #1. You can eliminate a cd player all together, and simply use a iPad as your only controls in the truck. With this option you will be able to access all of your music from the iPad, internet, gps navigation, video conferences while you drive (iPad 2 only), listen to and customize your internet radio, Netflix, and have a mass storage of movies or shows to watch while traveling. For the more involved audio junkie there are also apps released everyday that will let you stream your cable from your home television over the internet to your ipad in the vehicle etc. All of these features and convenience of the iPad with out the loss of SQ when wired correctly.

Option #2. You can simply relocate your current cd player and run the iPad dock to it's aux. While still maintaining all the iPads functions and once again when wired correctly will loose you NO sound quality but with this option you will retain your local radio stations, the cd player itself, and the ability to have a USB hookup for a cell phone or mp3 player.

Either way you will still be able to use the same dash with the only difference being option #2 will look like the dash pictured above and option #1 will have the room at the bottom of the dash for the a/c controls. By just lowering the a/c controls in the dash instead of moving them to the overhead con soul. This will NOT require you to extend your factory harness to the ceiling.

The dash itself and the iPad dock will be 800 painted. I will supply you a list of the accessories needed to complete your install when finished. Please do not hesitate to PM me with any questions you might have or email me at [email protected] anytime. I am always open to challenges and willing to make changes to anything. The opportunities are endless.
Thanks for all the interest.

JUST WANTED TO CLEAR A FEW QUESTIONS UP THAT I KEEP GETTING EMAILS ABOUT. THE 800 INCLUDES A NEW CENTER DASH! THIS WILL BE A DIRECT REPLACEMENT OF YOUR CENTER CONSOLE THIS WAY YOU CAN GO RIGHT BACK TO STOCK IF NEEDED. IF YOU WANT TO USE YOUR DASH AND SEND IT TO ME IT WILL BE A CHEAPER INSTALL. ALSO FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WENT WITH A IPAD ONLY (NO CD PLAYER) I FOUND A NEW APPLICATION CALLED "TUNE IN RADIO PRO" AND THIS ENABLES YOU TO ACCESS ANY LOCAL RADIO STATION ACROSS THE WORLD!!! THIS APP GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO LISTEN, AND RECORD ANYTHING STRAIGHT FROM THE iPAD, IT WILL DISPLAY ALBUM ART AND SONG INFO FOR EVERY ARTIST WHILE PLAYING.

Drew Bryant
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts