Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yep, it snaps in place. Look at it from behind, and I think there are 3 tabs. A flat blade screwdriver will be useful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
once out go to a wrecker and get some fog lights all the wiring is there all you need is the switch and lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got some aftermarket lights with halos, I made a housing for them out of some PVC pipe and fittings. I turned it down to size on my lathe. and mounted them in place with screws like you would the OEM lights from the back. Now the next step will be to wire them in. I think I'll just use a relay hooked up to my parking lights to switch on my fog lights and the halo will turn on after the car is started using another relay (running lights).

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, nice work!

Make sure the relay is well protected from weather and away from the battery-- I did this exact mod to another car and the relay was a ball of rust in 6 months. If I had to do it again I would slather some RTV silicone all over it...or use an optical relay, they are usually potted.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
FYI: I do not know exact difference in degrees, but CPVC is made for higher melting point than PVC.

Most Titans have Wires for Fog Lights, but not all. I made my own OEM type for my 2WD XE CC. Hooks right into the IPDM and is factory appearance.

Pics of the fog lights PVC Housings? :)

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That's pretty impressive craftsmanship! I think it is our sister site, that has a Redneck Engineering thread (home grown Mods). I've been honored to be included twice! :)

I need to check out your PDF too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts