Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. Long time, no post. :) This is a thread you might be interested in if you ever have an issue with fog lights and the BCM.

As of early-mid December, I installed the OEM fog light kit for my 2006 Titan SE CC 2wd. Kit looks great...easy install with new stalk and pre-wired plugs. The only problem was that nothing worked.

My first thought was fuse, but it looked fine, but would not fire the test light. I switched in a good fuse with no change. This entire time, I thought I had a bad fog light relay. I even switched the fog light and ignition relays with no luck. Unfortunately, that was the exact moment my starter decided to quit. I thought I truly fried my IPDM-ER, but I was wrong. Just a starter. Starter replaced for over $500 (stupid location under the manifold) and I'm back to square one...until New Years Eve.

My folks are from Memphis and I was in for the holidays. I called Wolfchase Nissan and talked to Chris. He asked me to swing by for a quick look b/c he thought it might just be my switch. He tried a different new switch with no luck. He tested the fuses and everything was working great. I told him (in passing conversation) that the service manual I read mentioned that the BCM could be programmed eitehr "with" or "without" fog lights. He said that wasn't probable at all, but after some time, he decided to check it. Turns out, the BCM was programmed "without" fog lights. He reprogrammed it and they work great! Best of all, he did all this diagnostic work and reprogrammed the BCM for free!!

This is the first time I've had truly great service with Nissan. Just wanted to share the story.

Mike

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That's interesting! I added OEM Fog Lights to my 06 XE CC 2WD and had to make an OEM Style Harness too. Worked fine. Amazing they would bother with it in programming. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats on the fog light issue. And the best part of the story was the word "FREE". Chock one up for Nissan CS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts