Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm puttering along behind a slow poke when an opportunity arises to pass him. I pull out, stomp on the gas and VROOOMMM!!!! all noise and no zoom. I ease off a bit on the throttle and zoom off I go. the whole thing was about 1-2 seconds to the zoom but that 2 seconds of all vroom and no zoom was surprising to say the least. 2 days ago, hasn't happened since. Has anyone else experienced this :?:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Sure your tires weren't spinning? I don't have ABLS and man I can light up one tire EASY!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no spinning tires, but it was the same kind of feeling for sure!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
MIght have been rev limiter huh?
M4ck

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Almost like it missed a down shift or something. Couldn't tell ya! Where's JT been hiding at...maybe he has an ideal.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Rossi said:
Almost like it missed a down shift or something. Couldn't tell ya! Where's JT been hiding at...maybe he has an ideal.
I'm not hiding rossi, just doing lots of reading. Man has this site ever taken off....all I can say is wow... 8O

I personally have never had this happen to me with either truck I've owned so it's hard to say what happened. And believe me mine gets downshifted alot too... 8)

I'm kind of at a loss for ideas rossi. I'm sure your tranny fluid level is fine, of which if I was you I would at least check it. Did it hit the rev limiter when you floored it? Let me do some reading in the service manual to see if it says anything because I really can't think of any reason your tranny should have missed a downshift. When you floored it did it act like it was in neutral?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
We over workin ya there JT?! :wink:

My truck has never done it.....to this point and my whole 2k miles it hasn't missed a beat. These questions are to you Juna..

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
The service manual lists 5 possible causes for what happened.

1. Fluid Level
2. Vehicle speed sensor
3. ATF pressure switch 1 and front brake solenoid valve.
4. ATF pressure switch 5 and direct clutch solenoid valve
5. Line pressure test

Now of these 5 I would start with the easiest one first which is to check your ATF fluid level. If that looks good and it happens again, then I would take it to the dealer so they can check the ATF pressure switches. Perhaps your line pressure is too low and they can check that too. Just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. If so call and make an appt...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it acted just like it was in neutral but I didn't look at the tac, it was all too quick. Gonna check the tranny level at home tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
juanacoffee said:
Yeah, it acted just like it was in neutral but I didn't look at the tac, it was all too quick. Gonna check the tranny level at home tonight.
Good choice, check out the how to section and there's a post on how to check it if you have any questions about it. Let us know how it looks and smells along with the level.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will do, thx JT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts