Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have had this weird reverse issue a few times an was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to fix it.

Sometimes when I back up to a curb (4 inches) and try to go up onto it, the truck refuses to go. Even if I floor the gas pedal. I have had this happen when empty and towing my 31 foot travel trailer. Sometimes it won't even go up a 2 inch board in reverse while backing up the trailer. I have tried it with and withour tow mode on. I have a 2005 LE 4x4 offroad with the towing package with 52000 miles on it.

The only thing that seems to help is to back up on an angle to the curb or in the case of the trailer to remove the board, back up, and pull forward onto the 2 inch board.

·
Registered
317 Posts
lack of power??? not mine. ive jump 2-3in curbs in reverse a few times...both by accident and intentionally lol. i have noticed itt requires a lot more gas but still, ive never had to put down more than 1/4 throttle.

maybe you dont have enough traction. try taken some pressure out. is the road going to the curb an up hill? thats wierd...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not like I don't have traction. The tires won't spin even with the gas pedal all the way to the floor. It is like the truck has NO power in reverse.

I just reset the ECU and did all the learning procedures. I will see next time I take my trailer camping if it is any better.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Somethings not right. I've backed our 32' camper over a 5" curb....don't ask..lol. Regardless of how high the curb is, full throttle should easily spin those tires...or at least one telling you it's a traction issue. But if you can't back a trailer onto a 2" tall board, I'd have the truck looked at asap.

·
Registered
317 Posts
idk what that could even be. lack of power transfer makes me think the torque converter is starting to fail....maybe the stator clutch. how does it idle and shift into gear? is it any rougher or delayed than what it use to be.

btw, when you reset the ecu back to relearn, your not suppose to tow on it for for a few hundred miles. it can screw up the "break in" or "relearn process" for the computer. wont hurt anything just wont be as efficient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts