Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the rims on my /07 XE. Has anyone used rims from another type of truck? Just trying to widen my search possiblities. I want to stay with the 17inch wheel and tire size.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just watch the backspacing and width so you don't cause rubbing issues.
If you are going to stay with the stock tire size, which on a XE was a 31.5" diameter 245/75R17 you won't have to worry too much about rubbing at the pinch weld but the widest rim you can run is a 7.5" width, like our stock 17s.

The Off Road package came with the same sized rims but alloys, and had on 33" P285/70R17, but they can go up to a 9" width rim, as can some of the 31.5" 265/70R17s, but some have 8.5" maximum.

OEM have a 5.4" to 5.5" backspacing, so that's a good amount tio have the inside edge at. If getting wider rims you can go to a little higher backspacing to tuck them in a little more, common is 5.71, but Titans running low pros on 22's can go around 6.3" or so.

A 4.5" backspacing on a 9" rim will have the inside edge about an inch less tucked than stock rims, and the outside edge out by 2.4" more than your XE rims, and that can cause tire rub, when turning, at the pinch weld even with a 33".

Also, you can end up with rims that fit good as far as fender rubbing, but have the spokes rub on the brake calipers, so the brakes have to be ground down on the one edge that sticks out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts