Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've had my truck about two weeks and notice a ringing sound on startup. It's a high pitched sound that goes away after driving a while.

Any ideas, concerns? Seems like every vehicle has it's strange quirks and wondered if this is one for Titans.

Cal

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Never have heard it myself and I have had mine since 1-10-05. Sounds like somethings loose??? Or a pulley need lube...or something. I'd go in and if it don't do it when you get to the dealer let them keep it over night so they can start it cold when it does do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ring a ding

Had the same problem with my Pathy...turned out to be a rock between the heat shield and the catalytic converter. Might want to be a bit more specific as to where this sound seems to be coming from....

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Vaccuum leak?? Would sound more like a whistle or squeal, I suppose, but after warming up, a hose or gasket may seal up. Just a thought.

G

·
I think I may have the same thing. I have not crawled under it yet, but to me it sounds like a loose heat shield vibrating. Let us know what you find, I will do the same......when I can get to it!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the same thing going on, and I also have the ticking at an idle and when I shut it off I hear a high pitch wine sort of winding down I wonder if there all linked, and if it could be the evap tsb?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts