Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some photos and video from my recent flowmaster installation.

Had my local mechanic install a Flowmaster 70 series muffler, and also tack-weld the stainless steel Flow Tip I picked out. (12" slant/rolled edge)

I'm happy with the sound, and did not really need an increase in power with a full cat-back system. With my AIrbox mod and Fram Air Hog drop in, I already feel an increase in throttle response. I just wanted a throatier sound, that wasn't too obnoxious. I got just that.

Click below for the video:

http://www.genuario.com/1.WMV

Sorry for the wimpy take-off (I caught some gravel and didn't want to wreck my camera) ...I also included an interior noise clip with speedo and tach. Notice how it settles down nicely when cruising..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
video? sound clips? where? tip looks nice though

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here ya' go!

was editing it as you replied.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
ok i see and here it now, never mind.
sounds good

·
Registered
791 Posts
stevegwarwick said:
Here's some photos and video from my recent flowmaster installation.

Had my local mechanic install a Flowmaster 70 series muffler, and also tack-weld the stainless steel Flow Tip I picked out. (12" slant/rolled edge)

I'm happy with the sound, and did not really need an increase in power with a full cat-back system. With my AIrbox mod and Fram Air Hog drop in, I already feel an increase in throttle response. I just wanted a throatier sound, that wasn't too obnoxious. I got just that.

Click below for the video:

http://www.genuario.com/1.WMV

Sorry for the wimpy take-off (I caught some gravel and didn't want to wreck my camera) ...I also included an interior noise clip with speedo and tach. Notice how it settles down nicely when cruising..
Very Nice! I too have been considerig this route instead of the full Cat-Back. I want the performance increase of the cat-back but don't want dual exhaust. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the 70 Series Muf and Tip installed? Sounds excellent! Your happy with the level of drone while cruising?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nice set-up and thanks for taking the time to put together the video clip. I especially like how you did the interior scene in the clip. I've been meaning to do a video of my cab sound that shows the gauges but just haven't had the time to go out and do it. What is the diameter of the tip?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi-

There is very little drone when at 60 mph. Slightly louder than stock, but nice mellow rumble upon accel.

Muffler $120. shipped (online)
Tip $ 40. shipped (online)
install $ 75. (not online) :D

total $235.

the tip is a clamp on Flowmaster SS.
I simply cut the existing tailpipe back and slid it on (3" in - 3.5" exit)
I had it tack-welded as well. It was a little pricey, but that is what I wanted. I like the rolled edge.

hope this helps.

One thing I've noticd is that my modified airbox has even more whoosh after I put on the Flowmaster. Must be the increased air flow in/out of the engine.....

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Nice man great video too. Sounds good I think I might eventually change out the tips on my dual set up for some rolled tips like that.
M4ck

·
Registered
791 Posts
stevegwarwick said:
Hi-

There is very little drone when at 60 mph. Slightly louder than stock, but nice mellow rumble upon accel.

Muffler $120. shipped (online)
Tip $ 40. shipped (online)
install $ 75. (not online) :D

total $235.

the tip is a clamp on Flowmaster SS.
I simply cut the existing tailpipe back and slid it on (3" in - 3.5" exit)
I had it tack-welded as well. It was a little pricey, but that is what I wanted. I like the rolled edge.

hope this helps.

One thing I've noticd is that my modified airbox has even more whoosh after I put on the Flowmaster. Must be the increased air flow in/out of the engine.....
Very nice. Where online did you pick everything up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SS Tip - flowmaster part #15363
http://store.summitracing.com

Muffler also from same dealer.

it's a 2-1/2" offset in/
2-1/2" center out

hope this helps....
steve g.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice, man.....sounds good. Nice video work, as well. I just changed out the Flow tips that came with my Flowmaster cat-back kit. I'll post some pics in another thread....don't want to steal your thunder!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds Good.... like to see 'em

1 - 13 of 13 Posts