Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found VERY little info about a boss Roof Rack for my 10-day mine '08 Titan King. I am aware of the PowerfulUK.com site, and am awaiting an answer to 'what is a D40?' Today I learned I have an A60... whatever.
I LOVE my new truck and can't wait to do some stuff to it! Any idears on a Roof Rack like the Frontier OEM?
Thx!

·
Registered
132 Posts
See this post from 2007:
http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34477&highlight=roof+rack

for suggested links and this excerpt:

Q: Would the factory pipe rack from a Frontier or Xterra do the job?

A: I ...went to a frontier forum and looked around, alot of them were wanting to add the factory rack to their rig and the general consensus was that they couldnt do it b/c the roof has extra supports added when the rack is put on at the factory.
So, I'm guessing it probably wouldnt work for the titan either, but I really have no clue either way.

and this excerpt re Thule/Yakima racks:
The last time I looked into this, it is possible to do, but it involves removing the headliner and drilling through the roof to mount the "feet" and "towers" for the rack.

Someone in another thread posted photos of the Titan's roof supports with the headliner removed. Cannot find that now, but I saved the photos, which I can repost if wanted. There really is not much there to support a rack.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'Boss' Roof Rack...

'Boss' for 'Cool'... I don't just want rails up there, I'd like the big pipes, they look so 'tough' on the Frontier I think.
Thanks for the replies. I heard the Yakima/Thule products require drilling/removal of headliner... NO THANKS!
I know that PowerfulUK.com has some stuff at pricing MUCH better 'n factory and am awaiting their response to applications for their kits.
Guess what I'm looking for is to see if anyone ELSE has installed this roof rack and how it looks. I'm slowly, but deliberately trudging through threads to find direction on a 'Boss' Roof Rack and if anyone has done the Frontier one and what it took to make it fit.
Thx!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts