Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the fluctuation ONLY when the engine is cold and isnt affected by air temp. during the trucks "warm up" it veers off +/- 100-150rpm until it hits about 1000rpm. i have a nismo CAI that i checked for leaks, looked at my MAF and it looks fine, had the idle air learn reset, ran fuel system cleaner when i filled up my tank. all fluctuation is completely gone when the engine is warm. this just started a couple weeks ago.

the only things out of the norm that has happened is it rained...but just a light rain and i also disconnected the evap control valve solenoid momentary to try and track a noise down. i cant remember if the fluctuation started before or after those two things.

side note: today i had to start the truck up and move it for someone with out letting it warm up first(which i have never done). i always let it warm up to running temp before i apply a load. anyways, when i put it in D, the rpms jump like 400-500 down then back up for a sec...then went into gear properly and dropped back to the correct rpm(no fluctuation). does any of this sound normal?? my 08 did it after i had my manifolds replaced but never fixed it. what could be wrong. dealers just shrugged their shoulders and said its probably the intake. thanks guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do still have it...i think im going to try it. switching them out is just such a pita. i dont think thats it. if it were the intake, it should have started doing it 7 months ago when i put it on. doesnt make any sense to do it now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put the stock intake back in and ran it around all day. it made absolutely no difference besides a slight decrease in lowend power and it was quiet. wth could it be. i highly doubt it could be the MAF...i only have 6k on it. could i have got some bad gas? or could that fuel system cleaner have messed it up?? need ideas....dealers are idiots

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately, it wasn't doing it very bad this time as it was started not too long ago...just enough to get cold again, but it gives you an idea. it can be at times more severe than this. it started a couple or 3 weeks ago. before that it was steady on warm up and fell gradually. tell me what you think

if you watch close you can see it flinch here and there. sorry i couldnt get the camera to focus
http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa365/blhanlon18/?action=view&current=FILE0135.mp4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts