Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am back with another question that I can't figure out. First off, my Titan is modified with UpRev, Stillen headers/b-pipes, JBA exhaust, Truetrac, IPT VB, Tru-Cool tranny cooler, K&N intake, and a few other parts. It doesn't matter if I am going up a slight incline or traveling on flat road, but when I "barely" touch my accelerator, is it normal to have the RPM's jump from 750RPM to 1500RPM and back down to 750RPM "constantly" until I give it more gas or let off completely??? I do not know if it my tune, or if the truck is just starving for more fuel, but this has made me wonder if something is going bad or is it normal?

If feels as if you hit the gas, then the brake, then the gas, and so on "quickly". Is this normal? I only press slightly to save fuel but damn, it seems as if my truck loves being in the 2000-2500RPM range all the time. lol

Any help is appreciated....

:scheibe-big:

·
Registered
317 Posts
im confused...are you saying with the pedal slightly depressed the rpms fluctuate like that without letting off? or do you mean you touch the pedal, the rpms jump to 1500, and when you let off the pedal, the rpms die back down to 750?

also, when you say "If feels as if you hit the gas, then the brake, then the gas, and so on "quickly"....do you mean the truck acually feels like its braking or it shows on the gauge like it is?

sorry just trying to understand completely lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol When I press the gas pedal down roughly 1/4 inch and hold it, the rpm's jump back and fourth from 750-1500-750rpm. I can't explain it any other way. There are no "brakes" involved, I am trying to explain what it feels like while driving when it occurs. It is weird and I was curious if there is an explanation for it? It is as if the truck is starving for fuel, but regardless of how much you press down on the pedal it shouldn't do this, right? I am just curious if my tune for lower rpm's is out of whack, or is it normal....?

·
Registered
317 Posts
well i have no experience w/ programmers but....no thats not normal lol. did it start doing this randomly or directly after a tune?

it does sound like something dealing w/ fuel/air ratios. its not getting enough of one or the other.

if it didnt happen directly after a tune, i would pull the MAF sensor and clean it. make sure its installed the correct way also. that plays a big role in both systems

how does it idle under load and not??

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idle is perfect... I'll clean the MAF sensor and may run cipher and post a log here later.

·
Registered
317 Posts
sorry i couldnt be of more help...maybe youll pull a code. hopefully someone chimes in

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, codes are the same banks 1 and 2.... I need to log and post it here.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Switch to the stock map and see if you have the problem then. If everything is OK in the stock map, then there is a problem with the throttle control in the UpRev map. You should then contact UpRev about the problem.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks scr38. I was about to leave the house right now so I'll give it a shot. I have not used my stock map in 2 years. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts