Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
All the replies make me think that forum is a bunch of kids. There wasn't hardly an intelligent word in there.

I've heard the stories on who would win both ways. The rumble bees (in my opinion) are good looking trucks too - but I wouldn't trade my Titan for one anytime. I chose the Titan after looking at all brands except for Chevy 'cause I didn't like the looks of them even though Chevy is actually my brand of choice.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
wow a 15.332 @ 87 mph wow :roll: a crew cab 4x4 could walk that, and he has a 2wd short bed regular cab. that sounds fair, oh yea were still faster anyway :lol: :lol: LOL
let them think what they want

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Whats funny is look at that guys 1/4 mile times. They arent anything better than the Titans I have seen posting times. And anyone that wants to see a Hemi get dusted just look at my video at the track .LOL

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
good point m4ck, that is a great video

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the point the one guy made about using the manual shift mode on the Titan making a big difference. I've played with mine some here and there and didn't notice any difference myself. Especially with the slight lag time you get before it shifts.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
wonder if the 4x2's shift different than the 4x4's when using the manual shifter. Hmm need to find someone with a 4x4 to go to the track with me.
M4ck

·
Registered
39 Posts
m4ck - Have you tried doing runs shifting both ways? If so, which is better. I do have a 4x4. I just now noticed it is not on my profile. I will go change that now.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I did not try it. I know I was beating the Hemis without so I didn't think about it. Track opens next month so I will definately give her a try and see what happens. I'll let you know if the times improve.
m4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
m4ck said:
Whats funny is look at that guys 1/4 mile times. They arent anything better than the Titans I have seen posting times. And anyone that wants to see a Hemi get dusted just look at my video at the track .LOL
I haven't seen this yet. Please show me!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to live down your way m4ck. I was in Boiling Springs and worked in between Greer and Spartanburg. I85 exit 63 or 66 (the exit for US 29). The plant was right off the highway. We used to frequent the dirt track up in Gaffney quite often - spectators only of course.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Cool man thats wild. I work in Duncan off exit 60. Small world huh. I live in Greenville though close to Travelers Rest and Taylors. Do you have family down here.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
LDOTITAN said:
m4ck said:
I haven't seen this yet. Please show me!!!
http://www.clubtitan.org/postt570.html here you go. Cant believe that thread was burried so deep. Took me a minute to find it.
enjoy
M4ck

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never even heard of a Rumble Bee. It sounds like a little kids toy. :lol:

I test drove the Hemi, Chevy, and 5.4 F150 when I was shopping and none of them felt as strong as the Titan. I've owned a 93 Lightning and test drove a 2002 Lightning and the Titan feels about between the two in acceleration. That Dodge would have to have been modded to take the Titan.

Judging by the way he writes, I would guess he's a punk kid and the Titan driver didn't know he was racing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No family down that way - I was the one that transplanted.

I know Duncan a little. I think that's the exit the TA is at. We sent our trucks down there to fuel. Wellford was the towm that the plant was in. It used to be Union Camp and then International Paper bought them out. You can see it from 85.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The rumble bee is a dodge with a hemi and it also has a hood scoop, a racing strip and ground effects I think.

Dodge took a shot at a sport truck. It is nice to see they did it with a 4 wheel drive. It seems like everyone else used a 2wd to do theirs.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I know exactly where you are talking about. I am at the exit down from the TA. I am 3rd shift manager of a trucking company there. I know the area pretty well.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Thanks for the video link. Wish I had aome place to open it up around here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have a friend in Newberg with a HemiBee. He put 2 in/out 3 1/2 with a 70 series and the Vol intake, the speed set chip ?? and I still waxed him. Mind you I was using the shifter but a hemi kill is just that. 1st one, prob. not the last. And that was just for $hit and grinns.

·
Registered
108 Posts
m4ck, not to hijack this thread but my grandparents lived in

Greer (both deceased). My dad still owns their house and I would move there in a minute but my wife's family is here. I love the Greer/Greenville area. Did they ever open the BMW plant for tours?

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts