Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had A run in with A die hard ford owner. A co worker of mine just purchased A 04 Ford f150. Now he's convinced that the truck he has is the top of the line ,cant get no better than that truck.Now everyone is entitled to there own opinion and I respect everyones opinion.I try not to push my opinon on my nissan on anyone. I just let the truck spaek for itself.Well all day I kept getting [email protected] from this guy about how his truck was much better than mine. How Nissan could not build A v8 like A chevy or ford.How Nissan was not considered A full size truck.He said it was more like A toyota tundra.
As the day ended and we were all on our way out to the parking lot long and behold here roars up A shinny ford f150.My co worker gets out an says now here is A well built truck not like your Nissan!!
I smiled and took A look at his truck. I noticed that he had A flaw in his paint job and I pointed it out. He opened the door and I noticed that he had A brocken panell on his door and I also noticed that his passenger side door was sagging and not aligned right. Now just remember this is A brand new truck with less than 100 miles on it. He dissmissed all that and said the dealer was aware of all the flaws the truck had and was going to be repairing it soon.
I just smiled :D He said it wasnt important because ford was A well built vehicle and that Nissan better get out of the game before they loose..
I had no coment for him I just let the Titan do All the talking for me. I got into my truck and headed out the drive way. I pulled up to the stop sign and as I look to my left there was the ford ready to go. He rolls the window down and says i will give you A head start because your going to need it!!!. I couldnt resist...
Well you all know what happens next right! Pedal to the metal..I wasnt gonna do it at first so he got the jump on me but it was all over by the time I hit 3rd gear. Let me tell you there was no compitition. I was so far ahead of him i coudnt see him anymore.By the time we got to the next stop sign he was on fire.(Now let me say this, we were in A huge parking lot on private property with no other cars or people around) I would never suggest doing this on A public road ok. But it felt so good to put this
ol die hard to rest.All I got from him at the next stop sign was that his truck was not broke in yet and thats whay t didnt have any power. I laughed at him and said mines not either I only have 300 miles on my nissan. His jaw just dropped and he remained spaechless.Life is so sweet in my world. I get to go back to work tomorrow with all the bragging rights. and you know I'm gonna brag!! :D

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Great story Silverx! Anybody that is informed would have known that the Ford had no chance head to head! Nissan has built its reputation on quality, how could he possibly think his Ford was in a class above? Don't get me wrong, Ford was my second choice, and they put out a truck that has a lot of public appeal. The masses are just not to well informed about the Titan, and its hard for some to accept change.

Enjoy yourself at work tommorow!

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's some good medicine right there... I read your post after starting the thread "Win, Lose, Or Draw Post Your Race Experiences Here" and this would have been perfect.

Good show man, on the same note I had a run in w/ a convertable Mustang G.T. w/ four people in it (not sure of the year but it had 30 day tags on it) and he was driving like a kid w/ a new toy so I followed him knowing if I got lucky at a light I could have some fun w/ him.

Well it happened and when the light turned green he punched it and to his surprise ( and mine) the TiTan hung w/ the Stang neck and neck all the way to 80 until I let off and then so did he. He got over and turned off at the next light and when I looked at him he had a funny look on his face. Pretty cool considering the "apple" hung with his "orange".

·
Registered
184 Posts
That sounds like my work partner, he thinks that any make of pickup is better than the titan. Although he has quit arguing with me about it, because everything he tries to say that the other makers have better, I have proven him wrong. He has an older silverado, but he wants a new ford (yes he's a lost cause). The other day after work he tried to act like he wanted to race as we pulled out of the parking lot. I think his eyes were sticking out of his head the most I have ever seen when I romped on the gas and left him there in the dust. The next day at work, all he could say is "man, that has some pep to it" I smiled and said " yeah, you could say that" :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove nothing but Ford trucks for the last 20 years or so and I still love them, but the 2004's just didn't have what I wanted in a truck and Nissan did. Besides, last night was the first time I ever had a trick-or-treater tell me he liked my truck.

It is also the only truck I've had where the wife begs to drive it. Good thing our marriage is solid or I could see her asking for the Titan in a divorce and leaving my tail with the Sienna. :cry:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
her asking for the Titan in a divorce and leaving my tail with the Sienna.
Oh man, that would be reason to "End It All"!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
BiXLL said:
her asking for the Titan in a divorce and leaving my tail with the Sienna.
Oh man, that would be reason to "End It All"!!!!!
:lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Blizzard said:
...It is also the only truck I've had where the wife begs to drive it. Good thing our marriage is solid or I could see her asking for the Titan in a divorce and leaving my tail with the Sienna. :cry:
Remind me to buy flowers on my way home today, my marriage is just fine but I don't want to chance ever ending up with our MPV. :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
8O My wife has a Sienna too. She steals my Titan on a regular basis. Its looking like I might have to trade in the van for another Titan to get mine back :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
DeesT said:
8O My wife has a Sienna too. She steals my Titan on a regular basis. Its looking like I might have to trade in the van for another Titan to get mine back :roll:
At least I'm not the only one, for awhile I thought she might be trying to hook up with the Service Manager...I guess now I can stop driving the Titan around the neighborhood trying to find Teri Hatcher naked in the bushes :D

unfortunately, the women in my neighborhood look more like Darrian Hatcher than Teri Hatcher. :cry:

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Blizzard said:
DeesT said:
At least I'm not the only one, for awhile I thought she might be trying to hook up with the Service Manager...I guess now I can stop driving the Titan around the neighborhood trying to find Teri Hatcher naked in the bushes :D

unfortunately, the women in my neighborhood look more like Darrian Hatcher than Teri Hatcher. :cry:
ROFLMAO, good one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts