Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my S&B CAI. Went in super easy id say 20mins at the most. I already have a JBA performance exhaust so after I had it back together I decided to go for a test drive backed out of my driveway put her in 1 and punched it. :love-sick-big: The sound and the 200feet of rubber I left behind as she held at the limiter was just sexy. Definitely noticed power increases cant wait to get a bullydog GT on this thing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ya, but I sure love my Injen. Do you have any problems with your intake box banging on the side of the truck?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not that i can tell no

·
Registered
82 Posts
just installed mine as well. friggin awesome, although it seems to bog down at 1/4 throttle to WOT but i was reading that the ECU needs to adjust for the first 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine does not bang around but the lid vibrates at wot. Called s&b and havnt heard back yet on a solution. Does yours vibrate at all? Wait till you install the bdgt!!!!!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Mine does not bang around but the lid vibrates at wot. Called s&b and havnt heard back yet on a solution. Does yours vibrate at all? Wait till you install the bdgt!!!!!
It's not the lid vibrating. Take the lid off and do a few runs. With or without the lid produces the same resonance.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You see my ET? yeah that's with the S&B (and ram air)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I already took the lid off and the vibration noise was gone. Im going to call s&b back tomorrow and see what if anything can be done. I think a thicker lid would solve the issue or 8 lid screws instead of four on the corners. Still a good cai for $200.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I already took the lid off and the vibration noise was gone. Im going to call s&b back tomorrow and see what if anything can be done. I think a thicker lid would solve the issue or 8 lid screws instead of four on the corners. Still a good cai for $200.
Way back when, I experimented with different types of insulation, under padding and the lid. On mine, the lid on or off made no difference with the level of resonance vibration. I did dozens of WOT runs with the lid off and eliminated that as the cause.

·
Registered
853 Posts
When you install th S&B get a kitchen sponge....cut it into pieces and place them between the airbox and the fender when you bolt it down. You will never see the pieces and the vibration will be significantly reduced. This is what I did a few years ago after a the same issues. Never had to touch it again.

If you have all four rubber washers on the lid bolts you should not get any vibration on it. The vibration is coming from the box on the fender.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I placed foam in between the box and the fender to isolate the two, still had a vibration. I noticed while a friend was racing the trottle that the lid was vibrating in between the two screws against the box itself. Its like the lid does not pull down enough with the screws. There should be at least 8 screws to hold the lid down. Still havnt heard back from s&b.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here's my Injen with a little 4" dryer vent and a twisty tie! that S& B looks good thou, But that ram air is Cool ( in more way then one)

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
I keep trying to design something to actually seal it to the fender but everything I come up with ends up being cheezy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I made a shield out of firewall material and cardboard with air conditioning tape on all edges, some of the guy's on TT came up with some good idea's including useing a 5 doller trash can from walmart. Gweasel had a nice looking setup you can find it with a little looking. My setup is a little rough but I think it thows plenty of air and when I first put it on I drove thru tropical storm hymie from corpus to belton I was within 40 miles of the eye of the storm and took alot of water with no problem, had enough deflection so no water got sucked in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
this is how i did my air ram. i don't have fog lights so it was a fun mod to do. haven't taken on any water yet myself, but i don't roll through ponds either. sorry if i'm thread jacking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts