Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jason,
Just got my S&B intake put in I bought from you for my 2010 Titan. Thanks again. It was an easy install, no problems there. But, I noticed on start up that it wasn't idling as smooth (not running rough, but a little jumpy), and then on the test run it was sputtering and choking on acceleration, couldn't get past 2nd gear.

All the hoses and clamps are tight, sensor is in, I don't hear any air leaks. Any tips?
Thanks,
AD

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
It's an easy mistake to put the MAF sensor in backwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean upside down? I'll check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was it. Thanks a ton man. Now it's all good, that thing is awesome. Except I didn't unhook the battery this time so now the idiot light is on.

D-oh!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That was it. Thanks a ton man. Now it's all good, that thing is awesome. Except I didn't unhook the battery this time so now the idiot light is on.

D-oh!
There shouldn't be a CEL light on from not unhooking the battery. I wonder what the number is. The CEL light might have been from the MAF sensor being installed wrong when you drove it before. See if you can get the trouble code number.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Glad you like it. The S&B WILL be the next intake I purchase. Anyone here have it with a dry filter on it??? Like the Volant Powercore??? Would it work?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Glad you like it. The S&B WILL be the next intake I purchase. Anyone here have it with a dry filter on it??? Like the Volant Powercore??? Would it work?
I never read a post where someone was able to find a dry filter for the S&B. If you clean and oil the S&B filter per the instructions, you should never have a problem with the filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After installing the S&B, I noticed that my idle was up and that it seemed to be a little sluggish off the line. Also, because I had accidentally put the MAF in upside down at first (dummy), the CEL had kicked on. Read the posts about how to reset the ECU, and gave it a try. Took about three tries, but it finally took and reset the codes. The power is back (now I can really feel the S&B!), and the idle and consumption is down to where it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts