Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I apologize if this has already been posted, but I received a letter from my Nissan dealer today. Below is what was contained in the letter:

"Nissan North America recently mailed our company a list of vehicle owners whose Nissan vehicles are part of a critical service campaign. Your Nissan is due for a critical Nissan service and safety campaign/recall. All parts and labor are free and of no charge to you. Since it is essential for the safe operation of your Nissan, we would recommend that you call our service manager to make an appointment as soon as possible. Voluntary safety recalls are paid for by Nissan North America. We probably have the parts for your recall in stock, but need to hear from you as soon as possible in the next thirty days, because of the limited availability of campaign parts. Please feel free to call at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment."

I called and made an appointment for this Friday. The service lady seemed elusive to me when I asked what service(s) they intended to perform. The only thing she would mention was a possible seatbelt latch defect. I guess I will find Friday what they do or intend to do. Hopefully, this was informative for some. Again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before.
John

·
Registered
791 Posts
JohnInKY said:
Folks, I apologize if this has already been posted, but I received a letter from my Nissan dealer today. Below is what was contained in the letter:

"Nissan North America recently mailed our company a list of vehicle owners whose Nissan vehicles are part of a critical service campaign. Your Nissan is due for a critical Nissan service and safety campaign/recall. All parts and labor are free and of no charge to you. Since it is essential for the safe operation of your Nissan, we would recommend that you call our service manager to make an appointment as soon as possible. Voluntary safety recalls are paid for by Nissan North America. We probably have the parts for your recall in stock, but need to hear from you as soon as possible in the next thirty days, because of the limited availability of campaign parts. Please feel free to call at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment."

I called and made an appointment for this Friday. The service lady seemed elusive to me when I asked what service(s) they intended to perform. The only thing she would mention was a possible seatbelt latch defect. I guess I will find Friday what they do or intend to do. Hopefully, this was informative for some. Again, I apologize if this has been mentioned before.
John
No worries John. That's what this forum is for. I am 95% sure it is for the upper anchor point on the driver side seatbelt. It was apparently found that in a collision this anchor point may be insufficient to hold you in the seat. It's a quick fix. I had it done 2 oil changes ago but still got the notice last week again. Let us know for sure though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts