Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of, or actually added a remote dual filter setup??

·
Registered
601 Posts
GETSOMZ28 said:
I have never heard of doing this before, so bear with me please.

1. If the stock filter size does a good job of filtration, why do this mod?

2. If you do this, do you also have to upgrade your oil pump to handle the extra load this would require?

3. What is the advantage of doing this unless it is a multistage filtration process?

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HavockWK said:
GETSOMZ28 said:

2. If you do this, do you also have to upgrade your oil pump to handle the extra load this would require?

3. What is the advantage of doing this unless it is a multistage filtration process?

Thanks!
Actually, I am not sure the stock one does a good job at filtration. The thing is so tiny, there cant be many pleats for real good filtration. The question should be is does it do a decent job of filtration vs flow.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
GETSOMZ28 said:
HavockWK said:
GETSOMZ28 said:

Thanks!
Actually, I am not sure the stock one does a good job at filtration. The thing is so tiny, there cant be many pleats for real good filtration. The question should be is does it do a decent job of filtration vs flow.
Actually I think it's been posted that the OEM filter does just fine. I was alsone stated that the Titan motor developes far less particals than other vehicles therefore not needing as big a filter. Check out some of the posts about oil samples.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts