Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to reset the light myself. I have checked the gas cap but when I try to reset the code the light blinks for probably 5 mins I get impatient and try to just depress pedal and start the truck. Autozone's code reader said error and it just came on as I was driving the other day. The truck is still running fine. Any ideas.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
bring the truck to the dealer.

If your resetting it yourself, you have to hold down the pedel for more than 10 seconds and than shut the truck off and back on, but i would get the code before you do that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem with mine and I reset the the ECU 2 times and after the second time it stayed off. The dealer said it might have something to do with the charcoal filter or something about a evaporator.

·
Registered
404 Posts
check your fuses for the cig. lighter the scanner at autozone wont work if its blown. also if you can't figure out the reset, just disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After it wouldn't work I disconnected the battery, didn't reset. I today took it to Advanced, theirs worked. It came up with 4 codes. All air/ fuel mixture codes. Any ideas? I have checked my gas cap, I have checked my air filter I have no idea. Thanks for anyput.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
or 1156 or 1157?? that's a common one for the front air fuel meters

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
It could be the o2 sensors or the cat converters comming apart. Either way when it comes back on take it to the dealer. The cats have a 8/80 warranty on them

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys you are trying to help and I am just pushing you away. The codes at Advanced were

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
P1148 Closed Loop, Bank 1
P1168 Closed Loop, Bank 2
P1031 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Meter

I can't find the last one on any online lists but I'll check my diagnostic program on my laptop when I get home. The 1031 is talking about your Pre Cat sensors. And I'm guessing that 1051 is going to be the same thing. This would explain the "Closed Loop" codes because Closed loop is what your truck goes into when you are "laying on it" or when the AFR is unmeasurable. I'll check my program when I get home and see what all I can find out for you or BBF might beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
PoDunk_Titan said:
P1148 Closed Loop, Bank 1
P1168 Closed Loop, Bank 2
P1031 Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Meter

I can't find the last one on any online lists but I'll check my diagnostic program on my laptop when I get home. The 1031 is talking about your Pre Cat sensors. And I'm guessing that 1051 is going to be the same thing. This would explain the "Closed Loop" codes because Closed loop is what your truck goes into when you are "laying on it" or when the AFR is unmeasurable. I'll check my program when I get home and see what all I can find out for you or BBF might beat me to it.
You have the Closed Loop function reversed. When the engine is in Closed Loop it is looking to all the sensors to set the A/F ratio. When you are under conditions such as hard acceleration, the system is in Open Loop, and the system goes into a set mode. Several of the sensors that are monitored under Closed Loop are not in Open Loop. Almost all normal driving is done in Closed Loop.

1031 - A/F Sensor Heater Circuit, Bank 1
1051 - A/F Sensor Heater Circuit, Bank 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could some one explain this to me in English. Any idea what would cause this? Also is there anything that will be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
133 Posts
my sensors went one by one over 30k miles. The last one was the air/fuel metering sensor and it had my dealer baffled. They couldn't figure it out and were preparing me for the worst case with cats being destroyed and being sucked back into the engine.

but they figured out the sensor and got it fixed - no issues since (thankfully)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts