Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Titan and the Service Engine Soon light has come on and stayed on twice in the last month. The shop found no codes to clear and I've replaced the fuel cap, but the light still stays on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
334 Posts
check eng lite

Not finding a code seems unusual. try looking at the how to sec resetting ecu. or go to utube under titanecu reset I think you can find it with that OR buy a programmer that reads and clears codes. try another shop autozone readsthem free. Good luck go superchip

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
search is a wonderful thing!

1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the SES light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.

Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)
The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.

The ECM code repeats intself until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.

Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying SES light) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while the SES light is blinking. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

·
Registered
141 Posts
where are you located? any member close to you with a bully dog, super chips, uprev, etc. can read the code for you.

if you take it to autozone, they will even print out a slip that has the code, and some of the main reasons for getting the code.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm based in the Portland, Maine, area and there's an Advanced Auto Parts in the area, but if any members could read it, that would be great. I've tried this clearing procedure a couple of times with no luck. Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I've never heard of ses light on with no codes on our truck. sounds like the old dummy light in a 20yr old beater. mine is on but it's my evap. valve. i keep cleaning it, but it only last a week or two. guess i should just replace the damn thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.