Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago my ses light came on,I reset it and last tuesday it came back on,my service man read the code as 0420.He said it was something about the cat. converter ,but could not tell me what.Has anyone else had this happen,now I can see the light blink on and then off ,not sure what is going on.I have around 65000 miles on it,is it possable a sensor is bad or could the cat need to be replaced?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
The cats are covered for 8yr/80,000 under warranty, so take it in while the code is there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you just made my day,i thought this was going to be out of pocket,hopfuly thats al it is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if i have a magnaflo cat back system in it,do you think the dealer will say something?

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^ Shouldn't because it is behind the cats, but then again they may say it is all one system. Very good question. Just make the appointment and say to replace the headers and b-pipes under warranty and don't mention nothing about the catback system. lol

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Or, you could return it to stock by installing the factory parts. They probably won't say anything but they can legally if they want to be pricks.....you've changed how the exhaust flows through the cats. That's all they'd need.

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^ Yup. I would just slap the stock exhaust back on. I think the trouble is worth brand new headers and b-pipes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would update,took my truck to the dealership the morning,both cats are bad and they are replacing them under warranty! Iam very stoked ,he said it will take the whole day,they gave me a nasty little rental car to use.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Thought I would update,took my truck to the dealership the morning,both cats are bad and they are replacing them under warranty! Iam very stoked ,he said it will take the whole day,they gave me a nasty little rental car to use.
Good news, thanks for the follow up.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Excellent news! Congrats. It's always nice when a dealer treats us like they want to keep us! I don't care if they gave you a skooter!...lol...that's better than most dealers do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's true but it was not all good news,they found a small leak in the power steering pump hose and a leaking rear axle seal,they said they replace the whole rear axle instead of doing just the seal,seems little over kill ,has anyone else had to do this?so looks like around $450.00 for the pump repair and a another $750.00 for the axle was the quotes they gave me.save ,save ,save my pennies.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
That's true but it was not all good news,they found a small leak in the power steering pump hose and a leaking rear axle seal,they said they replace the whole rear axle instead of doing just the seal,seems little over kill ,has anyone else had to do this?so looks like around $450.00 for the pump repair and a another $750.00 for the axle was the quotes they gave me.save ,save ,save my pennies.
$450 for a power steering pump hose? Dayum!....does it come with a happy ending too?? As for the seals, screw that...find a good shop that'll do the seals if you can't do them yourself. Nissan can't be bothered changing them b'cuz it's easier for them to just change the whole thing. Geez.....don't these people know that we're all friggin' broke these days?!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i read some where that they were replacing the whole axle in some cases because the new ones were better and weren't as likely to have the leaking seal problem later on.. so a little more money now could save money later on..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds like some of the descriptions the dealer told me,the axle quote allows 1.5 hrs and around 3 hrs for the high press.pump hose.I will prob break down and let the dealership do the repair,just got save the money up first.looks like a total of around $1300.00 plus tax

1 - 15 of 15 Posts