Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set it up today to take to the dealership on tuesday to have the rotors turned and new pads!! I have 3200 miles, this is the first time,I hope they get us a permanet fix soon,but I will say I still Love my Titan!!! Thanks guys had to vent a little!!!

Gregg :(

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Either I have just been really lucky or Nissan addressed all there problems with the 05. ::knocking on wood:: I'm pretty hard on the brakes, or so says the wife. I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota 4X4 4.7L V8 and you couldn't hit the brakes in that thing without warping the rotors.

All my fluids were good. Brakes seem good. So far all is great!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Mine is back in there for the 3rd time.

First time was about 3600 miles -- turned rotors.
Still shook and shimmied

Second time was about 3700 miles -- replaced everything.
NO PROBLEMS at all!

Third time (today) 13,400 miles -- starting to shimmy again.

Other than that............no other problems really

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
firecracker said:
Mine is back in there for the 3rd time...
Mine too was taken back last week for the third time because of a brake problem. First two (end of last Fall) were the basic judder and I took it in as soon as I started to notice it - first repair was old TSB, second was updated TSB, rotors were cut both times, never replaced. The third time, front brakes were squeaking and after inspecting them I found that all four front brake pistons were cracking. Service rep said it was due to the same brake issues I have been having all along as well as possibly bad torque members, although this was the first piston failure they had seen (Corporate told them it is rare but possible on some Titans). Rotors were actually not too warped according to their measurements. I am in a Silverado rental until they can get all the parts to replace the entire brake assembly on both front wheels (national back order, hard to find parts right now, blah, blah, blah...). I am trying to talk them into replacing rear pads and rotors as well. I miss my Titan and just want to have it fixed and returned to me. I am hoping the parts will come quickly since Nissan is paying for a daily truck rental.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Man, hate to hear that, Caltitan! I got mine back today. All they did was turn the rotors.

While I was there, I asked them to check the alignment (I raised the front 2" this Saturday), check the rear diff (so it is documented), and correct the headlight alignment (they were shining WAY too high, now)

Anyway, they did all of this for free (under warranty). I told the guy about the lift, but he said he could get it done under warranty.

All's good so far

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
How was the alignment after the leveling kit?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I left the Titan at 8 am this morning at the dealership,hope to get it back this afternoon,they did give me a loaner,a 05 pontiac G6,pretty nice riding car,to small for me though,I also miss the big HP !!! in the Titan ol well maybe I'll have some smooth stops for a little while anyway, Please Nissan give us a permanet fix soon!!!!!!!

Gregg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just picked up the Titan after only 3 hours at the dealership,not a bad turn around.It stops like it did when it was new,for how long we will see,anyway very happy for now.

Gregg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Called my local dlr, made appt for 2nd brake repair, at 9800 miles. first time got rotors pads and torque bar. dropped off at 7:30 AM, called them twice during the day to check status, never got a call back. showed up after work (little after 4) and truck was up in the air getting rotors turned. Ended up getting a rental from dlr. The service writer had a poor attitude. I went to the mgr and told him this is un-acceptable. They are also going to replace the wiper blades and radio and the evap solenoid that they didn't do the first time I brought it in.
Getting frustrated with the Nissan service. Dlr's only comment on getting brakes fixed was "we'll keep turning the rotors" I asked him "for life?"
"until they come up with a fix" If they don't, and the brakes continue to give me problems, I will be filing Lemon law. Too bad, as I really enjoy the truck otherwise........
As a side note, the very helpful mgr offered me the satelite radio installed at his cost....

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Tell him to throw in a years subscriptions and jump on it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts