Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my Titan for about 4 months and starting to shop around for an extended warrenty. My Titan is an 06 with 45K miles I just swapped out
the factory tires and and did its first brake job. Luckily Ive had no problems.
Im hoping to get as much input as possible from you guys on the different companies, service and coverage and cost or lack thereof.

Im sure the best people to get advice would be Nissan service representatives.

Thanx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ya I purchased mine from from Anderson Nissan in NC and its one of the only dealers in the state that does a Lifetime power train warranty on all their new vehicles and some of their qualified used vehicles.

I was big on warranty...I tryed to get a 08 cummins back (when the economy took a $51#)when you could get a quad cab 4x4 6spd loaded for 33k! But they offered a lifetime powertrain on everything in their lot but a diesel. He kept trying to talk me into a hemi but I was like if I'm not going to get a diesel it will be a Nissan truck.

Be careful with aftermarket warranties I've heard some companies are a scam.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Warranties have always been a scam for me.

Every single item(including my Titan) that I bought a warranty or extended warranty on, I've never had any issues with. Never bought a cell phone, appliance, gadget warranty, etc.

If I buy another new car, I won't get an extended warranty on.

One other thing, if one does get a warranty from the dealership, there are other warranties they offer that they don't tell you about, you just need to ask about them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got the one from the dealer ( Gold something ) , 100k or 5yr. It has now expired. The only thing it paid for was part of the tow when the IPDM died ( the Nissan warrentee cover all of the many failures). This was my first supplemental warrentee and I expect, my last.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just to throw mine in there, I had to get one when I bought my Titan from a dealership, company's website is mpp.com they said my bacon several times already, pretty much paid for itself

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am really glad to find this thread, I too am shopping for an extended warranty. I just got my 2010 Pro 4x 30 days ago, but it seems the sooner you purchase the warranty the better your options. I have found tow different Dealerships that sell Nissan warranties on line and the of cousre there are a slue of 3rd parties out there. since the all promise you the world it's hard to distinguish who has the most coverage for the money and who will treat you right when you need them. I talked to a small local garage yesterday for their opions. They have dealt with numerous ones, the one they liked was Zulrich. Zulrich only sells through dealers. Extended warrities are just like insurance, you might buy it and never use it, but if you have a major failure i.e. Transmission or Air Condition then it might pay for itself on one visit.
The ones I have found so far are
Paragon Motor Club
Master Tech (can only buy through a dealer)
route66warranty.com

I find that the prices are all around 1400-1700 roughly.

I am very interested in what others have to say or their experiences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts