Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come for me to purchase a new vehicle.....and i have decided on a TITAN!!!

my problem is deciding between a 2004 or 2005. I know there were a bunch of small problems with the 2004. What do you guys recommend as those of you who own it would know best.

I want to get a Crew Cab, SE or higher.
Big Tow Package
Offroad Package
Utility Bed Package
Captain Chairs

and yes, this will be my first truck....additionally my first vehicle purchased by me!

my current vehicle..... 1994 Ford Taurus Station Wagon....hand me down from my parents when they moved. Cant complain too much about it....but need something bigger and badder ;)

thanks

Puv

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think that the 04's that have the newer build dates have fewer problems than the older builds....at least that is what I have read in here. Mine was born in August of this year, and I have had zero problems. You could probably save a few bux with an 04, unless they have sweeter financing and incentives on an 05.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
PuvMan said:
i have decided on a TITAN!!!

my problem is deciding between a 2004 or 2005. I know there were a bunch of small problems with the 2004. What do you guys recommend as those of you who own it would know best.
First off, Welcome to Club Titan! and Second, Congrats on your decision! You'll really like the truck!

As to your decisions, well, there's only a few changes with the '05, ie, headrests, elect. rear window, tailgate assist, "Titan" badging, and a few others. If you can get a great deal on an '04 (which you might be able to) I'd get the '04. Besure you get a build date of after Jul/Aug 04.

Just my opinion, though. Go and check them out yourself.

Good luck, and Let us Know!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I have an 04 build date, and have not had any of the big problems others have had. You must remember when coming to this type of site, that a lot of the ones here are the ones having problems, looking for answers. There are probobly about 60,000 out there that don't come to the forums, and I would guess the majority of them don't have any major issues. The Titan is a great truck, and Nissan is being a great company so far as how they are standing behind it. I would not hesitate a moment buying another 04.

With that said, with all the incentives/rebates that are offerd on the 04s, there is no doubt in my mind that I would buy an 04 over an 05! I think if it came down to a choice of an 04 with a build date of April vs a August build date, I would choose the August. At the same time, if the April built truck was set up the way I wanted it, I would not be affraid to buy it.

Which ever way you decide to go, do it with confidence, you have made a very good pick with the Titan. We will all be here to help with any problems or questions you may have. Good Luck!

Oh yeah, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet!

time to go shoppin this weekend. Nissan is offering 1% financing for 60 months on the 04 titan. My brother is currently financing a G35 coupe, so i'm SURE he'll qualify for the 1% on the titan. I was going to ask him to co-sign with me anyway.

Any tips you can give to me as a first time buyer???

thanks

puv

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Ohh man G35 I love them. Too bad I'm poor. I would love to have a G35 and a Titan in my driveway. I think that car is about as sexy as a car can be.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Any tips you can give to me as a first time buyer???
When it comes time for negotiations, make them show you the invoice pricing. Pay no more then invoice, with the financing. I seen many guys get their trucks up to $3000.00 below incoice. This late in the model year, demand a deal!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by invoice pricing, i assume you mean an invoice from when they purchased the truck, right?

so i should calculate the final cost i will be paying including the financing, and that should be no more than what they paid originally?

sorry for the stupid questions, i just wanna be really sure. Believe me, i can do all the math! haha (Electrical Engineering was my major in college)

thanks guys!!!

i first have to get a new starter for my taurus, than trade that shiz in!! CANT WAIT

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
The invoice will show what they supposedly paid for the car. There is hidden money in the deal for the dealer also, but I would have to write 2 pages to explain it all. Arrive at a negotiated price, then get your 1 percent. I would go for $3,000.00 below invoice and let him work you up. Just don't agree to raising off the price you tell him too quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts