Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got offered $13,750 for my 05 CC Titan SE with 55,000 miles on it the day before yesterday. Im wondering if I should have taken the deal. My Titan is paid off and that offer was roughly $500 less than what I paid for it about 2 years ago. I'm not trying to sell it, but as a lot of people say " everything is for sale for the right price". So what do you all think?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The real question, is what would the advantage be to you for selling? Trucks are not an investment, they are a cost, with constant losing value. Their value is in their usefulness. If selling causes you to buy another vehicle (which will also lose value daily), especially if it would include any kind of loan (new debt) then keeping the paid off Titan is the wiser way to go.

Buy a new ride when "you" need to, and save up and pay cash for it (a good slightly used one is best value). That's our goal for all future rides.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
heck, for that price, i'd buy it! its hard to find that deal around these parts. tho i'm not looking for a new T at the moment. i just keep my eyes open for deals.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If you needed to sell it would be a good deal, but if you have no reason too then I would pass as you will have to buy something else and inturn cost you more money in the long run.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally understand what you all are saying. The only reason Im considering selling my titan is because I don't want a truck that has a good probability of having a few major issues, like the IPDM, radiator and some hoses. My thinking is that if I can sell it and get basically what I paid for it then I don't mind spending a few thousand more to get something a little more reliable. I know things could happen with any truck, it just seems like more major problems are happening with the older titans.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
im confused. so your willing to go through the hassle of getting more payments for any vehicle, that may have problems that you don't know of. instead of spending a few hundred on parts you know may fail, but haven't? I have an 04. the only way ill sell mine is if i can't drive it anymore. all of the common problems like the ones you mention, i can handle. if you want a newer T, then i couldn't blame ya. but atleast you know what you'd be dealing with if you do. heck i'd love to get my hands on a 07 or 08. its a tough decision. you have a good deal there, its your call. BTW. my biggest fear on the titan is the rear seals. everything else is a easy fix.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if I do end up taking the deal or trading it in for close to that price then my price range will be around 17,000 for the next truck. I won't finance any on the next truck either. I know you guys will hate this, but for my next truck I am looking at 05-07 chevy or gmc trucks. Everyone that I know that has a chevy or gmc drives them forever and doesn't have hardly any problems, but I know anything could happen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My best bud bought a new 09 GMC 5.3L 4x4 crew last year, he is currently doing oil consumption tests at the local dealership. Its smoking, not idling properly, his brand new exhaust is black around the tips and using 1.5 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles and their saying its normal. With a recommended 7,000 mile interval oil change it would be completely out of oil by the time it was do to change.

I used to like chevy but since their made in mexico I wouldn't trade a go cart for one. Stay away from the 5.3...atleast with the dropping cylinders from 8-4.

You could put a tranny or motor in your truck for less than to trade for something new.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Its been said that checked go the longest running like crap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Being that you would have only invested $500 in to the T if you take the deal,it's a toss up. Maybe you need a mod or two to satisfy your soul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts