Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of perelli 325x65x18's for my 05 2wd and I was talking to the guy at PRG and he said that with the 2.5 leveler up front and the pinch weld mod it will still rub like crazy and end up tearing my bumper off lol...I didn't know if I should go with some 305x65's or a 325x60....I was going to keep the stock wheels and right now I have 275x65's on there...any help would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just got a set of perelli 325x65x18's for my 05 2wd and I was talking to the guy at PRG and he said that with the 2.5 leveler up front and the pinch weld mod it will still rub like crazy and end up tearing my bumper off lol...I didn't know if I should go with some 305x65's or a 325x60....I was going to keep the stock wheels and right now I have 275x65's on there...any help would be much appreciated...
What kind of tire are you after?? Just taller and wider? A mud tire?? A 325/65/18 is 34.6 tall by 12.8" wide. That's a monster of a tire. I run a 295/70 (34.3" tall by 11.6" wide) and still rub at full lock. A 305/60 is wider but shorter and a 325/60 you won't change much of anything as far as rubbing less than the 325/66. The widest tire I'd run on a stock 8" wheel is a 295 and if I could do it all over again I'd go with 285/75-18. Only problem is that size is $350 a tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really just wanted something that was a little taller and a little more aggressive looking but I don't want a lot of rubbing issues. The 325/65's are pretty huge but I thought that there wouldn't be much rubbing with the 2.5 level and the pinch weld...but to be safe maybe I should go with something a little smaller like a 295 or 305. I just kept reading other peoples post about running 35's on the stock 18's and thought it would work since the 325's are only lik .3 wider....or so.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I really just wanted something that was a little taller and a little more aggressive looking but I don't want a lot of rubbing issues. The 325/65's are pretty huge but I thought that there wouldn't be much rubbing with the 2.5 level and the pinch weld...but to be safe maybe I should go with something a little smaller like a 295 or 305. I just kept reading other peoples post about running 35's on the stock 18's and thought it would work since the 325's are only lik .3 wider....or so.
Well there are only 2 tires in the 295/70 size. A nitto trail grappler and terra grappler. A 275/70 or a 285/65 would probably give you more options in different tire choices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you think that there isn't any way that I could fit the 325's on the stock 18" rims...even with the 2.5 lift and pinch weld...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So you think that there isn't any way that I could fit the 325's on the stock 18" rims...even with the 2.5 lift and pinch weld...
If Greg @ PRG told me it wouldn't work I would believe him. Even by lifting the truck 2.5 inches you still are going to hit the back wall behind the plastic fenderwell liner not to mention how it's going to hit the back of the front bumper. If my 295 hits on a pro 4x with 1.5 in lift, then a 30 mm (1.2") wider tire is going to rub like a S.O.B

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then how do so many people on here run 35's with just a 2.5 level...a 35 is way bigger than a 295. I guess I just wanted to know what I had to do so it would fit...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Then how do so many people on here run 35's with just a 2.5 level...a 35 is way bigger than a 295. I guess I just wanted to know what I had to do so it would fit...
They run them... And rub. Another thing you have to look at is that you are a 2wd. A 4wd front spring is longer than yours which adds more clearance. I am merely sharing the info I've gained from experience and reading. If you want to run that tire, talk to Greg @ PRG about the extended travel kit and see what you get. That's my next toy on my wishlist after new plugs and mufflers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My $0.02, most who run 35's or 315/70's without rubbing are running them on the stock 17" OffRoad wheels. Slightly different offset (or backspacing, can't remember which) makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My $0.02, most who run 35's or 315/70's without rubbing are running them on the stock 17" OffRoad wheels. Slightly different offset (or backspacing, can't remember which) makes a world of difference.
That was another point I met to make.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I'll just have to wait and see how much I rub...and if all else fails I'll go with something like a 295/70. I just want to take up a little more of the wheel well than my current 275/65's. THanks for all of your help...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm running 325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 08' 2wd with just a daystar leveling kit with no rubbing problems, but they are close. The 65 series would definitely rub for for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts