Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for posting as a newb, new to the forum but not nissan, i know some of you from clubfontier. anyways

here's the design of a box im gonna build for my truck, i need every bit of back cabin space i have, and i dont like having visible eye candy for thiefs, so i want it to look as close to factory as possible. i figured i'd share it here incase someone wants to build one too. it can fit a single 10 or 12 possibly 2 8's with plenty of mounting depth, and provide upto 1.23 cf. im planning on using a fockford p3 12 and 500+ watts rms sealed so it should pound pretty well. also you could build a wall in the box to get your perfect cf.

im going to gut the factory seat back and build the storage bin into the box, "you can see in the pic below". im probbly going to use a combonation of fiberglass and mdf for the rounded portion of the front, and also the sides where to fill in between the box itself and the factory bin, then apolster it with the left overs from the seat if there's enough, and use box fabric for the actuall box part. also since i will have extra room in the front of the box when i build the wall for my propper cf. im thinking about ways of making it accessable for an extra compartment.

it looks small in the pic, but the sub is to the specs of a rockford t1 and they are monsters lol, the box is 15"x26x8.5 and should be 7 3/4 mounting depth so you can fit just about any sub you want, and still have clearence inside the box, and to the floor of the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i didnt, i thought there was just the mini consol under the seat that could be removed, that will suck if there isnt enough room lol, i'll have to take the seat out and see where the unit is located. there will already be about 3" clearence from the sub mounting surface of the box and the floor of thecab where the sub will be, so i could rase the floor of the box an inch or so, and still fit a good speaker, without hitting... hopefully lol, i may have to make it a rear firing sub and mount it on the back wall, then glass the bottom of the box to the floor. it may even have better acousitcs that way anyway, but then the sub would be visible.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I can only imagine a sub in that position is going to rock the hell out of all the dash. Your gonna have a rattle trap on your hands until you tighten/snug/and wedge stuff in all the little vibrating places.

Interesting though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts