Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Sirius Satellite for Christmas, but I'm not sure what tuner is going to work best and where to mount, etc..

I was hoping to get one into the overhead consol, but I'm not sure if there is one that will fit. Any suggestions from the crew??

PS - Yes, thought about factory unit but it's much more pricey and the no scrolling on the head unit kinda bothers me. :cry:

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Mine is XM, not Sirius, but I like it mounted here!

·
Registered
320 Posts
you must have the arms of an ape in able to change the channels or do you have the remote?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
Bixlls' knuckles drag on the groung so it's no big deal for him.... :lol:

Yes, I have a remote, I thought they all did?

·
Registered
57 Posts
BiXLL, I like the satellite setup you have. I am planning on getting a portable unit like you have to be able to listen in the house, other vehicles, etc.

Do you use the FM transmitter to connect or did you run a line to your radio? If you use the FM transmitter, how is the sound quality?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I use the FM modulator (transmitter) and was perfectly happy with the sound. I am far from being a stereo connoisseur though.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but why don't you plug it in under the dash and use the SAT button on the radio. If it has SAT function there should be a harness to plug the receiver into that goes to the antenna. In my GTP I have a pioneer Head unit, that came with a seperate XM receiver. it pluged into the back of the head unit and I used the headunit to change the channels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts