Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Everything has now arrived for me to install my sirius radio. I decided on the OEM tuner mainly because I want to retain function of steering wheel controls, I use those a lot.

I will take pics and report on progress and opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
man, you are such a tease.....HURRY UP and put that thing in so I can see it when you come to the meet. I'm interested in one too but I would prefer you be the guinea pig... :D

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
man, you are such a tease.....HURRY UP and put that thing in so I can see it when you come to the meet. I'm interested in one too but I would prefer you be the guinea pig... :D
It better be in for the meet. I too am looking into one!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install complete, piece of cake. And..... IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! Much better then radio. Seriously, all of sudden my sub under seat works!!!!
Everything was plug and play. Hardest part (which wasnt hard) was running the antenna wire.. I love the fact that all still looks OEM and I still control volume from steering wheel.

Here is pic of all that is needed. I got the sirius low profile antenna and it is right in front of 3rd brake light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Good deal Mike, does this mean you won't be upgrading the speakers now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The antenna routing took about 30 minutes (and two beers). The rest took about 15 minutes (and 1 beer). I called sirius and they informed me that my first 3 months were free and enjoy. They will email me when my 3 months are about to expire.

The ONLY bad so far, and this goes for all the sirius tuners (OEM and aftermarket), is you can not scroll from steering wheel controls. Not a big deal, I am sure I will come up with my favorite 18 stations and that should be more then enough and if it isnt I can always manually tune. The volume is the big thing I wanted because I tend to constantly change volumes. That I got.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Well you sound like a happy man now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, this RF sounds GREAT now, so I guess I wont be upgrading speakers. Nissan really needs to work on the 6cd head units (RF and regular), I guess this is what is holding back sound because it now sounds as good as CD.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Yeh I didnt get the RF I have the low end XE stereo. When I play cd's wow sounds fine. When I play radio blaaahh sucks. it sounds like im in a tunnel and no bass. verry tinny.
Oh well it won't be in there for too long anyway. As soon as I pay off a certain other mod I will be getting a new head unit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another surprise was my reception. I have a second story above my garage and was picking up all stations inside garage. Guy at Sirius was also a bit surprised at that one.
I was at sirius website looking at the different stations, and I think I am going to enjoy this mod. :D

Sorry if I am talking about it to much, I just cant get over my new toy!! :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
MikeZ said:
Hi All,
Everything has now arrived for me to install my sirius radio. I decided on the OEM tuner mainly because I want to retain function of steering wheel controls, I use those a lot.
Mike,

Pardon me if this has already been answered. I'd like to know where you purchased the parts needed. Were they assembled in one kit or did you have to know all the separate components needed and order each individually?

Thanks,

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magleto said:
MikeZ said:
Hi All,
Mike,

Pardon me if this has already been answered. I'd like to know where you purchased the parts needed. Were they assembled in one kit or did you have to know all the separate components needed and order each individually?

I ordered the tuner part from Jaime at titanparts247 (his link is on home page). I ordered the splitter and terk mini antenna from crutchfield.com. Splitter was $18 and antenna was $39.00. Nissan will sell you an antenna but it is big and bulky. The mini antenna is MUCH smaller and works very good. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
HEY I'M REALLY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT I CANT FIND A SIRUS TUNER ANYWHERE ON TITAN PARTS247
ONLY XM,,, ANY HELP I WANT SIRUS NOT XM AND WANT TO USE MY WHEEL CONTROLS HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just call Jaime at 247, he knows the part number and will hook you right up and typically has the lowest price around..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts