Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am wondering if a sled deck will work on my 07 big tow with a 6" lift and add a leaf? i will be using a sled deck off of a 1999 gmc shortbox, i have a feeling that it might be to long to fit in my box as i have the shrt one on my crewcab. so if i leave my tailgate down with 2 sheets of 1/2 in plywood under it to relief some pressure off of my tailgate, will it work? i will be hauling 2 sleds that weigh approx. 750 lbs, will i have to much strain on the truck using this and it will it squat alot? and any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'd just leave the tailgate open...it'll handle the weight. I have the LWB Titan now but my 04 was a shortbed and I used to have the rear wheels of my ATV sitting on the tailgate all the time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats what i was thinking but ill have 2 sleds on it plus the weight of the deck, but i guess a test fit will have to see where it sits on the tailgate

·
Registered
221 Posts
Both sleds dont weigh 750 each do they?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put air bags on it because she will be dragging.

·
Registered
221 Posts
lol no there not apex's lol one is a 2010 rmk 800 and one is a 2007 skidoo 600
Funny you should say that as I just sold my apex ltx at the end of the season and now have a nytro xtx with a little weight savings...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya those nytros are sweet sleds, you just have to spwend some coin on it to make it go up a mountain, but once its done up its a rocket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts