Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the 04 be upgraded with the slider like the 05?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
ooooo, good question. I bet as time goes on there will be someone who comes out with an upgrade for the 04's but I'm not aware of one at this time. We can only hope because I would love to have one on mine too.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that would be a difficult conversion, as the center section of the rear window goes down and it is VERY WIDE, much wider than our sliding glass now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I did a little research on this and came up with the conclusion it can be done but will Be VERY expensive. Besides the window, you are going to have to change out the entire liner behind rear seats. Nissan wasnt showing a price on this yet but dealer was guessing 400-600 dollars for just the liner part and 800+ for window. There was probably another 50-100 dollars worth of harness and switch. I walked away, just could not justify this kind of cash for roll down rear window. I as also hoping that the rolldown rear window was more like tundras where the whole window goes down.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Searching led me to this lightly-discussed thread. Has anyone done the conversion from the 04' slider to the 05'+ electric BIG window? I'm confident my local shop can do it, I just want to have an idea what a fair cost for parts and labor would be. Has anyone executed this change?
Thanks,
SS

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Hmmmmm ... I was told it cannot be done because of body frame intrusion issues. Thats why Got_Titan had to go the route he did. He went with an aftermarket horizontal slider I think ????

I wanted this way back when ... unless now there is a work around that I'm not aware of ?? Either way it would be a pricey mod !!

Good luck, and PLEASE keep us posted for all of us 04 guys that dream of having such a thing (lol).

·
Registered
111 Posts
baseballfanz said:
This is the alternative that peoples can get.
http://www.truckininstyle.com/latemodelsliders.htm
Thank you. Alternative meaning in place of the OEM one because it won't work or alternative meaning second choice, cheaper, etc.? I'm really looking for the stock slider, or something as large as it. Within reason, cost is not a factor.

Thanks again,

SS

·
ClubTitan's little Pit Bull
6,553 Posts
Your local shop will not be able to do it. As Transformer noted, there are structure related issues that cannot be overcome. It's not an issue of cost (if cost is no issue, maybe you can trade your truck in for a 2007 :)). I think it if were indeed possible, we'd see a bunch of 04s with the conversion! It's an awesome feature.

Also, you need to be careful when swapping out sliders. Got_titan had some leaking issues with the first window, and had to have it replaced.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do all the 05 and 06s have the power slider? I'm only concerned with the CC since that's what mine is. If not, one could compare the P/N from the 04 glass to the 05/06 glass. From there I guess we'd have to look in the FSM or get a cross-section of the rear window area to address the structural issue. I've looked and searched, and although I've READ that there are structural issues, I've never seen it documented.

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
TOWS2Zs said:
Do all the 05 and 06s have the power slider? I'm only concerned with the CC since that's what mine is. If not, one could compare the P/N from the 04 glass to the 05/06 glass. From there I guess we'd have to look in the FSM or get a cross-section of the rear window area to address the structural issue. I've looked and searched, and although I've READ that there are structural issues, I've never seen it documented.
05 and newer CC have the power sliding window, the KC still have the small manual window.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
baseballfanz said:
the KC still have the small manual window.
The 05 KC can be changed out with the power window in the link you provided, right? I've been looking to do that for a while now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts