Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slip/ABS lights have been going on and off for about a year now with no noticeable problems other than the ABS being overly sensitive at times. For instance, when I'll come to a stop on dry roads and the lights are off the ABS will engage. Usually after that the SLIP/ABS lights will stay on.

I checked the brake fluid and it's fine so I'm guessing it's a bad wheel sensor. Yesterday I was up in the mountains in a blizzard and come to find out four wheel drive won't engage from what I'm guessing is this abs error. Is this the case or do I have another problem? I'm taking it in this weekend but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Try resetting the ECU as per the instructions on the thread in this forum before spending money.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I am thinking the same as you ryant. Keep us posted to what you find out.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking the same as you ryant. Keep us posted to what you find out.
I'm still snowed in so last night I pulled out all but the front passenger sensors and cleaned them (the front ones aren't easy being that you have to pull the calipers off). Reset the ECU and still no luck. I was hoping it was a dirty sensor being that the abs/slip light go on and off and no leads to the sensors were damaged but unless it's the front passenger (probably is knowing my luck) I've got a bad sensor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
my slip light was going on/off intermittently as well right before my right real seal went bad and had to be replaced. once I replaced the seal, no slip light since.i guess some diff fluid was getting on the sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
slip and abs light on diff lock light flickers

Hi i'm new to this forum. so just the other day my diff lock light started flickering on and off then the slip and abs light would come on and the diff light would go off. i took it to a mechanic to have the abs codes check and it gave me c1187- differential lock solenoid. does any one know what this means and Is there any way to fix it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
well in my opinion you should visit the agency of your vehicle for resetting of all the things which are creating problem in your car otherwise anything could happen , so before anything wrong happens with you , you should go for its proper resetting.hope doing this will help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts