Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving normal with nothing slipping, My slip light will come on sometimes the parking brake light will come on as well. Neither of which will shut off until the truck is turned off by the key..

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what this may be?? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. Your brake pads may be worn causing the brake fluid level to be low. Beyond that it could be a malfunctioning wheel sensor.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
wheel sensor will probably take care of both issues, abs system works off the wheel sensor also

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll start with the brake fluid check since thats simple quick and its cold out here. Haha if that doesnt help I'll move onto the wheel sensors thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
While driving normal with nothing slipping, My slip light will come on sometimes the parking brake light will come on as well. Neither of which will shut off until the truck is turned off by the key..

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what this may be?? Thanks.
So In my case it was simple after I figured it out. So my case was the traction control light would come on and stay on. Not every time I drove but every other time. During those times, my brake lights would stay on. This told me that my brake position sensor was the issue. Costs $0 to fix! Just look at your brake pedal, there are 2 sensors that it presses down when you’re not pressing the brake. When you press the brake, the sensors make connection. The bottom one was the problem. Simply remove wire harness, twist and remove sensor. Use tiny flat tip screw drivers to open it up and clean it out with a Q-Tip. When the metal in the sensors touch, for some reason buildup occurs from the electrical connection. Almost like slight burn residue but just from the switch making electrical connection. Clean that out and put back in. That’s how I fixed mine. Hope it helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts