Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
No snaps has a cleaner look. My last three covers had snaps on them. This time I believe I'll go snap less. Have you looked at the TekStyle Profile cover?

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I tell you my uncle had a snap on one time. I really didn't like it. He wound up forgetting one night that the side wasn't snapped shut. Well it beat the side of the truck all the way home from the lake and dinged it allup. was ugly.
just thought I would share that.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have the velcro peel with my Truxedo Lo Pro. It seals very well along the sides. The velcro also allows for fine-tuning the tightness of the cover in addition to the adjusting screws.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. BTW, I also learned that the "peel-off" action must be performed with a special small tool you get with the cover...

So first, you have to make sure you don't lose it; and second, you either have to carry the tool with you or take it out of the cab and put it back in every time you need to access the bed.

Sounds like too much trouble!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Dragon said:
Thanks everyone. BTW, I also learned that the "peel-off" action must be performed with a special small tool you get with the cover...
The Truxedo Lo Pro I have does not need any tool to peel apart the velcro. To roll it up, you need only lower the tailgate, pull a lever at the rear of the bed, and roll or fold it up. Very simple process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caltitan,

Thanks, but I think you missed my point. I was not referring to the Velcro closure -- I was referring to the special "peel-on" and "peel-off" closure. See my first post of this thread above with the link.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Dragon said:
Caltitan,

Thanks, but I think you missed my point. I was not referring to the Velcro closure -- I was referring to the special "peel-on" and "peel-off" closure. See my first post of this thread above with the link.
:lol: I understood your post, I was just referring to how easy my soft cover is to operate in case you were looking for alternatives to the one in your link. I agree that needing a tool to peel that cover seems tedious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dragon - Where did you see about this special tool? I looked at the Extang when getting a cover and never saw anything about that. They showed a picture of someone just running their hand over the rail and the edge of the cover just sliding into the groove. Glad I didn't get the Extang if a tool is needed.

But I'll second the kudos for the Truxedo. Very easy to open and close at any temperature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Travism,

I heard this from a local extang dealer/installer. He can get and install any of their products, and that is what he told me...

Yes, the picture shows someone "gliding" their hand over it, but the tool (as I understand it) is for peeling-off (as opposed to sealing it).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts