Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a JVC AVX-810 at the Dub show in Ocean city Md today, I am seeing some guys on some other nissan forums say it doesn't fit that it hits the steel beam in the dash. Anyone have any experience with this issue? Anyone have any input on this HU it appears by all internet reveiws to be a very solid unit. Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm looking at Pioneer HU's right now and the ones I'm looking at say they won't fit in the T, but I have seen a few people have them installed. I know you can bend/tweek the bar a bit to solve minor fitment issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This HU went in without a hitch no fitment issues other than the metra kits don't mesh real well. without the piece in to hold the radio the outer trip plate that looks like the stock dash fits real well, but put the piece to hold the stereo in and screw it in and the trim piece doesn't fit right. Its not a issue with the HU, but a issue with the cheap plastic pieces that these aftermarket companies charge a arm and a leg for. But it will be fixed by some creative dremel work.

By the way this HU is the bee's knee's ha! I love it! Does just about everything and is upgradeable to make it do more. Plus the new 830 from jvc is the same thing so all the new stuff for it are backwards compatiable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a very nice head unit, but your better of usint the factory metal brackets. They have to be modified a little, and you still have to use the metra filler piece but it a whole lot stronger than the plastic parts. I installed my avic-z120 this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.