Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the big Summer meet is coming in Boone, NC with Kronos1965 and gang in late July. But if you are free this coming Saturday, June 11th, how about coming to hang out with your Armada cousins in Solomons Island, MD! A great destination, and it's in our own backyard!

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19393

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's a beautiful area, I was there a few years ago on an antique car tour with the AACA. There are numerous markers for the trail of John Wilkes Boothe, just perfect for the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for pointing that out. We are going to tour around for awhile I thin, then have Dinner. I'll be looking for that, I was not aware it played a role. I'm mostly used to the Clinton are and JWB. Grew up closer to there.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roller11 and I were the only ones today, but I have to say I had a great time. I've been to Solomons Island before, but never saw where all of it was. I'd go to a restaurant I knew of, but never ventured further down into the main part of town. Solomons Island is a very well known location, and has far more history than I was aware of. Much training for the D Day Beach Landing/Invasion was done here!

We met up around 1:30, rode around in the 'Mada and stopped by an Artist show on the boardwalk. (Roller11 does some nice painting himself) He introduced me to some friends that live on a boat full time. Very nice, pretty roomy too. We stopped at Stoney's for sodas and I had some Crab Balls for lunch. Afterwards, we checked out the Calvert Maritime Museum. They had everything there you could imagine in a top notch facility, even had a Lighthouse moved in from several miles away. Afterwards, we picked up Mrs Roller11 and headed back to Stoney's for Dinner. Yeah, I was stuffed! We parted around 6:30. It was quite an adventure for me, and I look forward to returning in the near future with my family to see it all. Thank you Roller11, you're quite a host!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey guys, the big Summer meet is coming in Boone, NC with Kronos1965 and gang in late July. But if you are free this coming Saturday, June 11th, how about coming to hang out with your Armada cousins in Solomons Island, MD! A great destination, and it's in our own backyard!

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19393
I just saw this post, as I don't check it out as much as i should......Solomons is a great location, the wife and I love it up there as we take our kayaks when we go. We stay on the naval MWR site there so for us it's a cheap way to enjoy the surronding area. We'll give you a yell when we plan to head back up that way. :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know jager. Call us up! I'm just a little over an hour away, nice easy drive down there. And, they have a Roy Rogers!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Damn never saw this either, till today. Currently in Myrtle Beach till sunday. I live in Calvert county, 20 minutes north of Solomons. Small World.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Damn never saw this either, till today. Currently in Myrtle Beach till sunday. I live in Calvert county, 20 minutes north of Solomons. Small World.
Yes it is, I live 3-3 1/5 hours from MB. lol I think we should have a meet and greet up at solomons after I get home.......I'm so ready to see some water! Matter of fact, sounds like a good place to hold a MVP shin-dig. yeeeha

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solomons Island Tour - 2012

Yes it is, I live 3-3 1/5 hours from MB. lol I think we should have a meet and greet up at solomons after I get home.......I'm so ready to see some water! Matter of fact, sounds like a good place to hold a MVP shin-dig. yeeeha
I know somebody who is willing to arrange that! It really does make for a great destination. Beautiful waterfront. Nice maritime museum with a light house and optional boat tour, boat model building clubhouse, and several good seafood restaurants.

There is also a Roy Rogers! But that is another trip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts