Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some very kind and true words about this forum over at TT. I have been over there since March 04 and just came here last month. I have to say I enjoy the tone and demeanor here much more. Things have become somewhat abrasive and dull over there. Glad I found this place.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20620

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I agree the two boards are different, both are better than one another in different ways but I hate to say it but when ClubTitan grows to the size of TT.com it to will have the same type of problems.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
This is how I perceive the two clubs.
Titan Talk started when the Titan was new, and NOBODY knew Anything.
Club Titan started After the First Wave of "Blindness" and has more matured moderators.

As both the posts' grow, and new Titan owners are "born", they ask the SAME Questions Everybody Else did when they got their Titans.

The Difference is that Club Titan is like a Mother to a child; to Teach and Direct.
Titan Talk is like Big Brother to Little Brother; to Torment and Tease 'cuz "you're Too little to Understand!", or "Pay Attention!".

I Like THIS Club BETTER!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Slurppie said:
I agree the two boards are different, both are better than one another in different ways but I hate to say it but when ClubTitan grows to the size of TT.com it to will have the same type of problems.
I'm afraid you may be right. Still, gotta try to keep it "good" for now, though. :D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Well I really hope that people don't think that ClubTitan was started to compete with TT. That is not the case. I started ClubTitan as a place for people to start groups in there own areas. A place for Titan owners to set up regional clubs and get togethers. That was the original idea. Once it got going though it took a mind of its own. Something I was not able to control. It became what it is and that is a "Great place for people to meet and talk about something we all have in common and to help each other with anything we might need help with." I have gotten soo much from the members here. I for one know absolutely nothing about the mechanics of a vehicle. I know computers. Luckily we have some great minds here moderators and members who contribute to helping everyone they can here. I hate that some people feel that we recruited at TT I don't think that was the case. We include them in our group buys and events whenever we have them. Until recently when this forum started taking much of my day to take care of I visited TT every day. I was active there. I still try to get by there to see if there is anything new. Unfortunately I just can't keep up with this site and visit there and be active like I would like. Yes there are some great people and minds at TT and I do not wish to steal anyone away from there. I believe the internet is big enough for several Titan forums. Here are a few others I think everyone should check out if you have not. Just in case you found this board first and thought we were the only ones. Go check these out and see what you think.

www.titantalk.com
www.nissantitan.info
http://www.nissanforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180
http://www.titantruckforum.com/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gathering_of_the_Titans/
http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/
http://www.clubtitan.net/ (seems to be down right now)

Not all these places are specific to the Titan but all have Titan members who use them.
Enjoy this site and remember it will only be as good as the members we have. There is no way that 4 guys can do what has been done here without great people helping each other daily. Thanks for everyone here.
Josh

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I would like to second m4cks response to the stealing of members from TT. It was never the intention of any of us to do that! I don't get there as often as I used to either, as in order to do what I do for this site, there is not a lot of free time left! I do like to include the membership over there in any of our group buys, or anything else we have going that could be of help to them. I feel no competitiveness with TT at all, we are all at both forums for fun, education, and comrodary that stems from us all being interested in the Titan.

I would also like to say that the atmosphere we enjoy here does not happen by mistake. From the very beginning, bashing or flaming of any kind has not been allowed. I think that the lack of it showing up has gotten everyone used to the fact that there is just no room for it here. I like to think that we have a special blend of talents in the moderation of this forum, each of us bringing something different to the table. At the same time, the membership here has been nothing short of outstanding, in recognizing and appreciating the efforts that go into making this what it has become. Give m4ck a lot of credit for having the ability to listen to views that may not be the same as his, and adapt. He accepts a lot of input from us, and takes action! We have evolved into something that is not even close to what he had envisioned when we started this, but that is not a bad thing. We have learned on the run, and adjusted to what was happening. I think this place has almost become like a child to us, and we will continue to watch over it, helping it to learn and grow the best we can. Rest assured, everything possible will be done to prevent us from every loosing the close family type atmosphere that has developed here.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Sorry, bad case of loose jaw showing up! :oops:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well, I posted on that thread over there. And I'll post here too. I'm an active member on both sites and enjoy both of them. I've been to the others m4ck has listed and know that they have their loyal members too. I just get more out of TT and CT that makes me have a satisfactory internet forum experience. I have noticed that I can shoot the breeze here more pleasantly than over at TT. But my mods attract more interest over at TT than here. Both sites are growing, but it is the members that mold the personalities each has. It's nice to be among the first year members at each.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Be careful of that Internet rivalry thing - it can get ugly. I was the moderator of a Dodge Durango forum that was less than 100 members when it began, they are over 2,000 now. There was a lot of competition early on (1999-2000) with another forum and what I found is members will gravitate to the one that they feel comfortable with. Whereever one feels most comfortable is where that person should be, and if others want to have a similar forum with similar interests/vehicles, whatever.... rock on. It's like television news, a newspaper or a particular format of a radio station. Whatever floats your unique boat... - Jim

PS - I mentioned earlier - rivalry might be amusing... however - it can get ugly if one's not in the mood....

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JimB said:
Be careful of that Internet rivalry thing - it can get ugly. I was the moderator of a Dodge Durango forum that was less than 100 members when it began, they are over 2,000 now. There was a lot of competition early on (1999-2000) with another forum and what I found is members will gravitate to the one that they feel comfortable with. Whereever one feels most comfortable is where that person should be, and if others want to have a similar forum with similar interests/vehicles, whatever.... rock on. It's like television news, a newspaper or a particular format of a radio station. Whatever floats your unique boat... - Jim

PS - I mentioned earlier - rivalry might be amusing... however - it can get ugly if one's not in the mood....
I say again! There is no interest, at least on this end in having a rivalry! All are welcome here, and there is no problem in people here being active at TT. The more informed you are, the more you will enjoy! Each forum has its positives, why not let all enjoy the best of both worlds rather then creating a controversy?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Tattoomee said:
I LOVE you Guys!
:wink: :oops: :roll: :lol:

Group HUG! :lol: :lol:
Your startin to worry me man! Your gettin awfully gushy! :oops:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
m4ck said:
Well I really hope that people don't think that ClubTitan was started to compete with TT. That is not the case. I started ClubTitan as a place for people to start groups in there own areas. A place for Titan owners to set up regional clubs and get togethers. That was the original idea. Once it got going though it took a mind of its own. Something I was not able to control. It became what it is and that is a "Great place for people to meet and talk about something we all have in common and to help each other with anything we might need help with." I have gotten soo much from the members here. I for one know absolutely nothing about the mechanics of a vehicle. I know computers. Luckily we have some great minds here moderators and members who contribute to helping everyone they can here. I hate that some people feel that we recruited at TT I don't think that was the case. We include them in our group buys and events whenever we have them. Until recently when this forum started taking much of my day to take care of I visited TT every day. I was active there. I still try to get by there to see if there is anything new. Unfortunately I just can't keep up with this site and visit there and be active like I would like. Yes there are some great people and minds at TT and I do not wish to steal anyone away from there. I believe the internet is big enough for several Titan forums. Here are a few others I think everyone should check out if you have not. Just in case you found this board first and thought we were the only ones. Go check these out and see what you think.

www.titantalk.com
www.nissantitan.info
http://www.nissanforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180
http://www.titantruckforum.com/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gathering_of_the_Titans/
http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/
http://www.clubtitan.net/ (seems to be down right now)

Not all these places are specific to the Titan but all have Titan members who use them.
Enjoy this site and remember it will only be as good as the members we have. There is no way that 4 guys can do what has been done here without great people helping each other daily. Thanks for everyone here.
Josh
This was how I found TT. This will show you guys the truth person of M4ck. Enough said

http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite361-.html

In addition, here is my post on TT

I am an active member of both site. I never have any intention to "recruit" any member of TT to Club. I feel loyal to Club because it was the first site that I found since I got my Titan and they have been help me a lots without giving me any "grief". I found TT is fun and keep me stay awake at work.

TT and Club both have + and -. I hope you enjoy both and cool down with the "low class" stuff. That was the reason why people feel more comfortable with Club

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have visited about all the titan forums out there myself. This one and TT are the ones I choose, for different reasons. TT is the biggest and offers the most recent news on just about everything. However, the political discussions, "you're an idiot" posts, "mine's better", and some of the whining (like noisy windshield wipers for crying out loud) make me mainly a reader and not a poster except for the mods I make as I've gone along. I was a pretty early member on TT but I have less than 500 posts for a reason. I just don't like people debating for the sake of debating. Having an opinion is one thing, but some people always seem to chime in no matter what. I'm sure that is fine with most folks but it annoys me to a point. I think that kind of 'drives' me here. More laid back and any arguments are over quickly. People are more willing to listen and help here. But due to the lack of sheer numbers here, TT is the most recent for news and happenings, generally. So no one recruited me. I chose to be a member here.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I wish that thread had never been started. Now people are saying stuff that aint even true. Kinda hurts. I never offered anyone a moderator position for being one of the first to join. Plus this site does not make much at all. Most of the sponsors we have are from companies that donate parts for review. Wish I knew where people get these facts from.
M4ck

oh yeh here is the first post I ever made over there just so people know I was trying to start small regional clubs. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14027

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Don't let that get you down Josh. There are over 5000 members over at TT. It seems like only a few have an issue with CT and they are entitled to their opinion, even if we don't agree. There were more posts over there saying positive things about CT then negative. You also stood up for yourself over there just fine. You know you have a quality site in CT - just reread a lot of the positive feedback you've been getting here and that should make you feel proud of what you've accomplished so far.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts