Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I tried searching for this in the forums but I couldnt find anything. I dont know how to even describe it. The past couple days we have had a weird cold streak, especially at night. And the past couple times I have gotten into my truck either at night or in the morning my info window has been tripping out. I dont know what the deal is. A short? Wires going bad? It only does it for a mile or two then back to normal. Truck doesnt drive any different. Has anybody seen this or heard of this? I emailed this to a guy I know at Nissan....but of course he didnt respond. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its pretty weird right? I guess Ill have to take it into the dealership. Of course, when I do I can almost guarantee it wont act up. haha.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Since it is Temperature Sensitive, suspect a poor quality connection. Either in the Device (replace module) or a solder joint attaching to it which is difficult to spot visually. But touching up a few solder joints will cure issues like this sometimes. I have fixed numerous devices by fixing cracked solder joints.

I don't know how practical that would be with how the unit is constructed. The picture and description you have are excellent for submission to your dealer. They should be able to fix this for you based on the solid evidence you have.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what happen to mine looked very similar to yours. it happened about once a week or so..
i took it in and they set my ecu back to relearn. over a month now and it hasnt happened yet...knock on wood. i dont think mine was temp sensitive though

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That helps. I should probably set my programmer back to stock if they are going to be checking out the ECU right?

·
Registered
317 Posts
YES!!......:scheibe-big:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts