Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give me some advice? I have a 2005 LE crew 4X4 with 125k on the clock. Just yesterday, I noticed a popping/clicking/whirring sound in the rear-end. I've gotten under the truck and the only thing I noticed is some grease or something oozing from the driver's rear wheel area. I checked the rear-end to see if it was hot, thinking maybe the fluid was low. It was not hot to the touch. I'll be checking the fluid level this afternoon. I have parked the truck until I can get some info. Does anyone have any insight as to what else I might be able to check? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Eric

·
Registered
343 Posts
It sounds like you definitely have the dreaded rear axle seal leak, a known and common problem with the Titan, perhaps in addition to some rear end problems. Search the site for rear axle seal leak and you will find the source of some of your problem.

It sounds as if you have other rear end problems as well. Perhaps a True-Trac is in your future.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I would remove the differential cover and inspect for damaged/broken spider gears. Drain the fluid first, looking for metal particles.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I too would inspect the gears. I installed a Truetrac LSD to feel safe. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts