Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
It shouldn't. They aren't supposed to have them from the factory. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few out there with a sensor in them, but no it's not supposed to have one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. So if I ever had to use it the tire pressure lite will be on till I have the other tire fixed. Sounds like that could be a pain but better than being stuck along side the road.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just don't keep the blown tire around the vehicle and it won't give you a light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, this is the first truck I had with this feature. Do the sensors work independently only or do they compare signals. And I don’t think I want leave the blown tire in the ditch. One more Question, why do the sensors have to be located on a specific side of the vehicle if they only work independently? I hope I’m not sounding like an idiot.

·
Registered
870 Posts
On our trucks it shouldn't matter what sensor is in what location, the system we have doesn't tell you which tire is low, just that a tire is low. The sensors do work independently of each other.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then why when you rotate tires do you have to rotate front to back and not the X pattern? By the way I have an Access cover and am very happy with it. It locks from the inside and with the locking tail gate it keeps honest people honest.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Does the manual specify to keep them on the same sides? I didn't check when I rotated mine, I crossed the fronts over to the rear and went straight forward with the rears. I was always taught that unless the tires are bias ply, or directional you should cross the fronts to the rear on a rear wheel(or 4wheel) drive, and cross the rears to the front on a front wheel. Here is a decent reference I found on the net, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/rotate.jsp I'm not saying that I'm right when it comes to the Titan, I just went with what I know, and what I've always done. I'll check my owners and service manual when I get home... If there is another procedure on the Titan, I'm curious why.
Thanks for the input on the tonneau cover.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
m4ck said:
Yeh the manual says to keep them on the same side I posted a picture of this somewhere from the manual let me find it.
M4ck
Oh well, until someone can tell me why they want them on the same side, I'll go with what I've always done and get a few extra thousand miles out of my tires. 8)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Brilliant! I did the right thing and didn't even try! Guess every once in a while you get lucky!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts