Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 has 101k on her now and o figure it's time for some TLC. This is the firstF lex Fuel I've ever had so I have no clue what if any special considerations need to be made for it but figured I would ask. What's the best plugs to get? Also on a FF Titan, the part numbers don't match when compared to normal VK56 for serpentine belts. Don't know if one is any longer than the other but I am a fan of Gatorbacks and was wondering if anyone had a part number for a belt to fit a FF Titan. I have checked with Autozone and they weren't much help

·
Registered
549 Posts
NGK Iridium plugs seem to be the best in Nissan now-a-days. Heck, I believe they are OEM equipment for the most part. Just make sure to put some antiseize on the threads and dielectric grease on the boots to ensure good spark and that you can take them out in another 100k.

For the serp belt, I have no clue. I did not know they were different and I still am unsure they are since what accessory related would be different between the two motors? Either way thou, I am with you in that gatorback belts are proven and run well and forever. Hopefully someone will chime in with a belt length for the FFV Titan.

SideNote: Did you x-reference the Amada, QX56 and the V8 Pathfinder to see what they use?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SideNote: Did you x-reference the Amada, QX56 and the V8 Pathfinder to see what they use?
That's a good idea to look at these models. I hadn't thought of that.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good idea to look at these models. I hadn't thought of that.
I tried that and it still only showed Bosch, Fram, Champion, and E3 plugs for the Flex Fuel 5.6 liter. Has anyone here changed their plugs to NGK plugs on the Flex Fuel motor. If so, what is the part number??

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I'm running the Goodyear Gatorback 4070975 on my 05 FFV.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
FYI: The OEM Belt is 97.3" Long (odd length in my experience), Stores will say to get a 97" Belt (4070970) but always have a hard time to get it on. The 97.5" Belt (4070975) listed by suddenurge, is the better option.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just changed the plugs in my 05 ffv to a bosch platinum +4 #4431. Sure runs good. They were like $55 set at orielys.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yep, I like the ngk plugs to but wasn't driving all over town looking for them. Kinda hard to find here. The truck is running smooth as ever with 100k on it. Hope they last as long as the oem ngk plugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.