Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have just installed a new sound system in the T and am having a few problems with it, I did all the work myself and cant figure out what the hell is going on with it.

Problem 1: My speakers are experiencing a intermittent popping crackling sound. This is comming from all my speakers and tweets, when I pause my music and turn the volume up on the deck the sound and the crackles get louder with it. This happens 2 out of 3 times im in my truck and driving about, with it starting and stopping randomly. I have tried moving the ground around, checking all my connections which are all solderd and shrinkwrapped, speaker connections, and generally checking if things are loose. I just cant seem to find the problem and the only thing that seemed to help a little was moving the ground to the metal bracket behind the headunit.

Problem 2: When I start the truck the unit starts up with it and functions normally. Now if I leave the truck in the ON or ACC position before starting it up, the headunit starts with it and functions normally, then when I crank the engine over it powers off then restarts itself and sometimes loses all its memory presets. This seems to be a random case as well. I have checked the wiring harness multiple times and made shure the ACC wire and the BATT wire are not mixed up and even checked the wires with my multimeter.

OK now heres my setup its nothing special.....

Headunit: Power Acoustik PTID-7350NRBT
4x50W MAX 4x17W RMS

Speakers: Front CDT Audio CL-62X Componets with HD-101 Tweeters
Rear CDT Audio CL-6EX Coaxials
Crossover: CDT EX-454 for the fronts

I orderd the CDT's from Tech12volt. Im currently running the CDT's off the headunit and am thinking that could be my problem? I plan on getting a amp in the future when funds allow. The fronts are hooked up with 14G speaker wire to the crossovers and the rear is the stock wires for now until the amp install. The truck is also grounded with a 4G grounding kit from techs ebay store. Im at wits end with this annoyance and any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks for reading guys.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ouch, nobodys had problems similar to this? Even suggestions to try would work lol

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Do you get noise with the engine off?

If you are getting induced noise it will be when the engine is on, and it can most likely be corrected with a filter, or an alternate grounding location. Otherwise it could be a bad or incorrectly wired crossover. If you get a whining sound that speeds up or slows down with rpm you have a ground loop and must relocate the ground wire.

As far as the memory erasing, you need to have the memory (battery) wire connected to constant power and not accessory or ignition.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ah see now this is where it gets fun...I still get the noise with the engine off and there isnt any induced noise from it...its pretty constant no matter what the engine is doing. Although I recently for shits n grins took the antenna off and it seemed to quiet the popping and static noises down a little bit.

I went and checked my xover wiring again and everything checked out polarity is correct, nothing is shorting out or touching, settings are correct...but its always made noise with all 4 speakers im not shure how it would be the xover but didnt hurt to check anyway.

With the 12 volt source I have clawed over many many many audio threads suggesting the same thing, I have checked, rechecked, resoderd, triple checked and made shure I wasnt crazy by using my volt meter as well. But I think Im going to try running my constant straight to the battery, fused of course..to see if that helps. Hah thanks for the reply

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Although I recently for shits n grins took the antenna off and it seemed to quiet the popping and static noises down a little bit.
So is the noise only when using the FM tuner? How bout CDs and other sources?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All 3 make noise antenna, CD, and aux.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I had a funny suspicion it was the headunit even though I didn't want too..cut my losses and ordered a Pioneer AVH-4200

·
Registered
1 Posts
there are only 2 things it could be 1 the speaker is blown which yours ain't or no sound would come out of it at all or 2 the cone is busted which would result in a popping cracking Noise.....

so your speaker is busted not blown....

you could re cone it but that would probably cost more than the speaker itself better off buying a new pair....

·
Registered
1 Posts
That become changed can cause sound problems restore the audio driver to reset the device is working correctly, the problem is probably related to sound settings, the speakers. Alpine cda-9884 - audio pops when i let off my brake pedal and am the audi quattro 20v home upgrades & enhancements or problems & fixes audio system upgrades stock system decode/reset head unit replacement speaker replacement. :puke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.