Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my truck two weeks ago and today noticed a large stain on my passenger seat. I have no idea where it came from except maybe from a bottle of water I had laying in the seat. What is the best way to clean the seat? I have had major problems with the seats in my Xterra as well. Any secrets to cleaning that material? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry, I can't give you any tips on cleaning. I just had to read a post entitled 'Stain on my Seat'! :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yeah, I would like to now what every body uses also.
<---------This guy right here has had his second stroke and slobers all over the seats on the way to the vet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: Stain on my seat

phoenixrealtor said:
Like I said, the source of the stain is unknown. That is what has me worried. :p
I have seen other people complain about how easy the cloth gets water stains, so it was probably the water. All I can say is that I have had this problem with wet butts (after swimming at the pool) and the stain just seems to fade after a few days or so. No explanation, just they aren't there anymore.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good to know

Glad I read this thread. I just got mine Feb 28th. By reading this, i'm know going to use some sort of protection on my cloth seats. I'm thinking Scotch Guard. anyone disagree? Please let me know through this thread or PM me.

Thanks a bunch

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Re: Good to know

mysetitan said:
Glad I read this thread. I just got mine Feb 28th. By reading this, i'm know going to use some sort of protection on my cloth seats. I'm thinking Scotch Guard. anyone disagree? Please let me know through this thread or PM me.

Thanks a bunch
Scotch Guard sounds like a good idea and then a decent seat cover.
Scotch Guard works great on stuff like sofa's I would think it would work great on our seats too. I dont know why the seats are so easy to stain in these Titan's.
M4ck

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I took delivery of my truck, there was a stain on my passenger seat also. They said they would clean it the next day. So I brought it back the next day for them to clean. I dont know what they used but it cleaned it up, but about three months later when the weather warmed up and so did the humidity, it came back. So I took it back and they had to use a steam cleaner to clean it. I havent seen anything since then.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
We have a new sponsor that will be coming on any day now. Top of the Line. They are a detailing oriented company, and I know they carry and have the best prices on the 303 line of products. I use the 303 fabric guard on my boat cover, and car upholstery and have been very happy with it. The owner has been in the business for 18 years, and said she would have no problem with giving advice to any detailing type questions we may have. Sooooo, hang in there, help is on the way!

·
Registered
601 Posts
BiXLL said:
We have a new sponsor that will be coming on any day now. Top of the Line. They are a detailing oriented company, and I know they carry and have the best prices on the 303 line of products. I use the 303 fabric guard on my boat cover, and car upholstery and have been very happy with it. The owner has been in the business for 18 years, and said she would have no problem with giving advice to any detailing type questions we may have. Sooooo, hang in there, help is on the way!
That's good news on the sponsor! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Good to know

m4ck said:
mysetitan said:

Thanks a bunch
Scotch Guard sounds like a good idea and then a decent seat cover.
Scotch Guard works great on stuff like sofa's I would think it would work great on our seats too. I dont know why the seats are so easy to stain in these Titan's.
M4ck
I've just been waiting for it to warm up here before I Scotch Guard the interior. Just open the doors, aply liberally, and let it dry, even the seat belts. But then again, I'm somewhat of a neat freak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts