Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 with 120,000 miles. About the past week every once in awhile when going to start it it wont turn over. All the lights come on and everything else seems to work fine but it wont turn over. After cyclin the ignition on and off a few times it has engaged and started without a problem. You guys think it could be the starter? any ideas would be much appreciated. I really dont have the money to take it in right now especially to have the starter replaced.

·
Registered
317 Posts
when it does finally start..is it sluggish?

cycling the ignition and it starting randomly is a big clue that it is a starter. maybe the starter gear is worn or not retracting sometimes. do you hear any kind of grinding noise?

if its the solenoid, you should hear some kind of inconsistent rattle or something
go to autozone and have them insure its not the battery. while your there check the starter. its free so why not...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no once it starts it runs as good as always has. There is no grinding noises or anything. i was talking to the tech at nissan and he said he had never seen a titan come in for a starter. He was saying there were numerous switches and sensors that couls cause the same thing but he doubts its the starter. So i dunno. I will definetly run by auto zone and have it checked if they can.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i worded that wrong...what i meant was, does it start sluggish, not run sluggish? also if it cranks slow it is nearly always a battery

i honestly haven't heard of a starter failure on the T either. sounds similar though. there is a crap ton of sensors and stuff on this truck, little much for my comfort.

honstley there is several things it could be. i would start with the battery, battery connections, starter, starter connector, fuses, vacuum hoses, fuel pump (whine), maybe a MAF idk, gas?? did you get that recall taken care of? rule out the easy stuff first(autozone lol)
thats all i can think of good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, it seems my starter failed this weekend. I can hear the starter go, like a small electrical engine, but the solenoid does not engage i guess. My problem is that i live in Sweden and Nissan over here does not sell the Titan so there is no parts to buy over here. If the starter can be saved, maybe connections are bad, i definately will need a gasket kit for the intake that has to be removed. Anyone know where i can get these parts? A web shop that ships international? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Hi, it seems my starter failed this weekend. I can hear the starter go, like a small electrical engine, but the solenoid does not engage i guess. My problem is that i live in Sweden and Nissan over here does not sell the Titan so there is no parts to buy over here. If the starter can be saved, maybe connections are bad, i definately will need a gasket kit for the intake that has to be removed. Anyone know where i can get these parts? A web shop that ships international? Thanks
Check here:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/titan-parts-a60-2004-2011-c-1244.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, i found a used starter in Sweden. Rart No 23300-ZJ50A. We dont know if it will fit?
I have a 2004 Titan 5,7
Does anyone know where i can look?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The Titan starter part number is 23300-A60001

·
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
11,110 Posts
Thanks, i found a used starter in Sweden. Rart No 23300-ZJ50A. We dont know if it will fit?
I have a 2004 Titan 5,7
Does anyone know where i can look?
Not sure if there's any different

Part # 23300-7S000 w/o flex fuel
Part # 23300-ZJ50A with flex fuel (new part# 23300ZJ50AR)

Let do some more checking

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if there's any different

Part # 23300-7S000 w/o flex fuel
Part # 23300-ZJ50A with flex fuel (new part# 23300ZJ50AR)

Let do some more checking
That was what i was afraid of. This came off a 2007 Titan and it seems to be a different part No for the Flex Fuel version. Hopefully it will work anyway. They are taking off the inlet tomorrow to reach the starter, anyone know if we need new gaskets?

Thanks a bunch so far for all the help. :thumbsup-big:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts