Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 P4X:

Some history on my truck before I begin the rant. I purchased my truck in 2020 and had to replace the tires at 10k miles due to the treads cupping. Alignment was completely off from factory at -35 on one tire. Kept having a vibration or grinding feel when coming to a slow stop. Dealer did the alignment, scratched my rim while aligning it too. At 30k I had to get the alignment done again only difference was I went to a reputable shop who recommended buying the adjustable bolts and washers. Alignment with parts was $400+/-.

I'm having the same problem where I drive over small bumps, grass, etc. while turning slightly and I can feel little thumps through the steering wheel. The scariest is when I'm on a highway on/off ramp making a long turn and the steering wheel has slop. I can literally turn the steering wheel about 1-2" while driving and you feel the thumps.

While parked at home, I had my wife turn the wheel back and forth slightly while I check underneath the truck. I can hear the thumping sound coming from the steering column link at the point of connection to the steering box.

Also, on certain roads my steering shakes at 35-55mph. I need to check that the wheels are fully balanced but I think they may be taking their round shape now that the alignment is fixed.

This issue drives me crazy to the point that I'm looking at other brands and this is my 12th Nissan in the family. I hate to switch my truck especially with the crazy dealer prices and availability.

Anyone actually resolve this??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

I finally got the truck back from the dealer and they basically changed out the steering column, Pitman arm, steering gearbox, and a shaft joint. A description of the work is below in the photos along with the parts and part numbers. Steering is very firm right now with zero play. Truck is driving great right now. I am getting a very slight wobble and road noise from the tires however the truck drives straight but the steering wheel is slightly slanted so I may just take it into the alignment shop for a minor adjustment and changing to road tires soon. I do a lot of highway driving, this truck barely touches any dirt roads.
Font Handwriting Material property Paper Paper product
Handwriting Font Material property Paper Paper product

1 - 2 of 2 Posts