Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a noise when turning the steering wheel left or right? It sounds like plastic against plastic rubbing. It appears to be coming from just below the steering wheel in the neck of the collumn. 2009 titan se king cab

·
Registered
317 Posts
mine did it for about 4k miles when i bought it new...then just magically went away. it did it even when not turning, just hitting bumps. there is a wiring harness(es) in your column..maybe they are rubbing on something. have you taken it in yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am carrying it in tomorrow. It does sound like the wiring harness. I am already having negative feelings about what the dealer is going to say.

·
Registered
317 Posts
idk how had the cover would be to take off, but if they say they cant duplicate it...take a look in there yourself. just dont break nothin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will make sure they duplicate it. It has 22k on it so I hope it is under full warranty . I aint touching nothing. I bought it in may 2010 with 19k on it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yes its covered...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer solved steering wheel noise.It took them all day to fix it. It must have been major.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I get a click in column , happens when turning or going over a bump, I havnt taken the time to investigate it yet but seems to be doing it more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts