Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 48,000 miles on my truck and i was just wondering if any bodies steering wheel is peeling or cracking . Is there something i can use to fix it ? Is it underwarenty?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm just shy of 50K and mine has been loosing the leather "layer" on the top of the wheel for a few miles.

:thumbsdown-big:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Tricky-Dick said:
I'm just shy of 50K and mine has been loosing the leather "layer" on the top of the wheel for a few miles.

Same here... I'm at 57K..I think I noticed it around 50K.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Steering wheel cover:) That is lame...Maybe they will give you guys a 08 pro4x steering wheel with the stiching.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tricky-Dick said:

same here.... i used some polish to clean it thinking it was dirt but it isn't..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mine is at 32K and I've had the paint flaking off the volume control on the wheel and Nissan is replacing it. Based on dealers they can be nice or by-the-Nissan-book about fixing it. Mine in Indy is by-the-book but there are dealers other guys that have done them very well indeed. Depends....

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I am at almost 59k right now and mine started about 48-50k but that was still this year. I am sure the florida son doesn't help.

·
Registered
641 Posts
ARe these the leather wrapped wheels?

·
Registered
88 Posts
no problem w/ my '04 wheel, but i too have the paint peeling off my steering wheel controls. i've had paint peeling off of other things too. the interior door handels are actually painted (mine were WHITE under the charcoal paint!). the dealer replaced the handles, but wouldn't cough up the controls. i'm dealing w/ nissan northamerica about it now.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
My top part of the wheel feels like it is begining to peel too. I wonder if Nissan will do anything about it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 48,000 miles on my truck and i was just wondering if any bodies steering wheel is peeling or cracking . Is there something i can use to fix it ? Is it underwarenty?
I am in the dealership having mine replaced as we speak ! I have 33000 miles on 2019 Pro 4x with the stitching , it started peeling probably around 20000 , had to fight with service Dept a. Bit but they are replacing it under warranty .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts