Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a shimmy in my steering wheel when I apply my brakes at speeds over 40MPH. It is a 04, 2WD, has 5300 miles. I have never had to hit the brakes hard, where there might be a concern from rotor warpage. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and get it in and have them take a look at it. Thanks for any input here.
Waldo

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Your not alone Waldo. I am going monday to have the dealer look at mine. Hopefully they have the replacement brakes I have heard a few others have received. If not it will be the normal TSB warranty work and go back when they do the official recall.
M4ck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to say how happy I am with the NIssan dealership here. I called them at 7:30 this morning (Monday) regarding the front brake judder. They said bring it in, we will fix it and have it back to you today. Now that is service. No questions no hassle. I also mentioned that I had been reading reports regarding the differentials. They were more than happy to take a look at it for me and check the oil level. I just wanted to post this experience with a dealership. It seems there are several disgruntled Titan owners out there and I was nervous.
Waldo

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
That's good to hear, Waldo. There are some good service departments out there. I've got a couple here locally, too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found a self fix for the warped front rotors. Go exactly 60 mph on a dry straight road. With no one around put your foot to the floor and brake just as hard as you can. Lock them tires up and it will fix it. I just dont know how long it works I did it a couple days ago and its still good. I have heard Nissan has a fix in the works that involves larger rotors. Aparently our brakes originated on the Frontier pick up and they are a little undersized.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same shuddering going on on mine. The dealer said it is a problem that nissan doesn't have a fix for yet. They can only keep turning the rotors until they have to replace them. They are still working on a fix. Dealer: Cerritos Nissan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay guys, its happened to me too, today I had the same shudder when braking, took it to my dealer and they said thare is a Nationwide backorder for new rotors so he told me to continue driving it this way till new rotors are available.

I suspect the same thing as you guys, rotors and assemblys are too small, just glad I wasn't towing anything, I am not thrilled to be driving it around like this, who knows if the vibration isn't straining some other parts too... 8O

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
TitanLimey said:
Okay guys, its happened to me too, today I had the same shudder when braking, took it to my dealer and they said thare is a Nationwide backorder for new rotors so he told me to continue driving it this way till new rotors are available.

I suspect the same thing as you guys, rotors and assemblys are too small, just glad I wasn't towing anything, I am not thrilled to be driving it around like this, who knows if the vibration isn't straining some other parts too... 8O
They should have performed the available fix until they do have the parts they need for replacing with bigger rotors. They should have resurfaced your current rotors and replaced the pads. I had this done a week ago and my truck is 100% better. I still want the full fix but this will do for now. If I were you and its that bad I would push them to do this.
M4ck

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Do they use a torque wrench?

After reading the Tech Service Bulletin, they really focus on using a torque wrench and not a rattle jack.

Have you folks observed the service being performed?

Are they using a torque wrench as mandated?

Just Curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts