Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CD Player/Radio comes on and will cycle through all modes. But i am getting no sound. The cd timer clocks counts and i can hear it operating. Same with the radio, will get the small chime when i push the buttons. I was coming threw AZ taking a turn to get onto 93 south when my audio stopped working. I looked at the fuze under the hood and i am asuming that the two 10 amp fuzes above the gas pedal are for the amp. they all seem fine. Again the stereo comes on but no sound. And yes i hit the mute/pause button several times. it is the factory 6 disc radio. Any help with this would be appercaited. Don't really want to buy an aftermarket radio do to having to buy speakers and everything else. Thanks for any input.

nick:sneeze:

·
Registered
116 Posts
thats funny... the same thing happened to me about a month ago and tried everything but no volume then i turned the vehicle off and restarted the truck and everything worked again! cant explain it and the truck is only 9 months old!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish that would be the case for me. i drove from Las Vegas down to San Antonio with out a stereo. Stopped and turned it off several times. I every now and then have a problem with my cruise control, but shuting my truck off and on takes care of this. hopefully it is not a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing driving my truck home from Minnesota. It worked perfect for about 3-4 hours then all of a sudden no sound but it stayed on. I shut it off when I put gas and when I turned it back on it worked for about another hour then did the same thing until I shut it off again and turned it back on but it then only stayed on for about 20min.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't worry, there isn't much good on the radio here in AZ anyhow.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
Could be caused by several things depending on which system you have and which cab. 1st, do you have the premium system with the sub under the front driver's seat? 2nd, do youhave NAV and/or SAT radio? 3rd is it crew or king cab? Depending on all these things it could be the external amp, a/v switch, turn-on lead for amp, or the ecu itself. 1st thing I would try is to reset the ecu. It can be done with software if you have the uprev cipher program and a laptop, or there is a systematic procedure of turning ign. switch on & off along with depressing accelerator within a specific time interval. There is a thread somewhere on that. 2nd option is to remove the radio bezel and pull the a/v switch harness and check for signal going to the amp (if applicable), or from the spkr. outs at the amp or head unit (whichever applies)

·
Registered
547 Posts
If u have rear dvd make sure rear dvd is off and that the rear only sound button is off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts