Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noted my Titan's steering wheel vibrated if I try to "stop on a time" after going 60-70 mph or faster. Is it normal for a truck? It never happened to me on a car for other SUV.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If you are emergency braking, you should only feel the pumping of the ABS through the brake pedal. Try going about 30 to 40 mph and then hit the brakes hard like you would have to for a traffic light that just turned red in front of you. If you feel a vibration or shimmy through the steering wheel then you most likely have the brake judder problem. There is a TSB to fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Caltitan said:
If you feel a vibration or shimmy through the steering wheel then you most likely have the brake judder problem. There is a TSB to fix it under warranty.
That's what I was thinking, too.

Tyltan, take it to the dealer and have them check it out. Mine also had the shimmy, but I never noticed it. Asked the dealer to check it out and he said that it did have it and they'd have to do the TSB. Got it all done with no further problems.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I can tell you what it is .Its the rotors that are warped. You need to take the truck back in and have them change the brakes and rotors.
I took my truck in after only 300 miles and they resurfaced my rotors and installed new brake pads. Fixed the problem, no more shimmy on the front end when you step on the brakes.....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the dealer regarding the brake. They said that Nissan aware of the problem but the parts are back order. They don't know when the parts come in. The are 38 Titans infront of waiting for parts.

How many people in this forum have the same problem? I am supprise there are that many people in my area have the same problem and that only 1 dealer that I called so far.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Tyltan said:
I called the dealer regarding the brake. They said that Nissan aware of the problem but the parts are back order. They don't know when the parts come in. The are 38 Titans infront of waiting for parts.

How many people in this forum have the same problem? I am supprise there are that many people in my area have the same problem and that only 1 dealer that I called so far.
I'm not sure of how many on this forum have this problem but I can tell you it's a VERY common problem. Your not alone so hang in there and look forward to smooth braking in the future...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven’t had that problem myself (not yet anyway) But I was reading on another forum and a lot of the members have had that problem. They said dealerships would offer to rotate the rotors, I don’t think anyone would be happy with that answer.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Tyltan said:
I called the dealer regarding the brake. They said that Nissan aware of the problem but the parts are back order. They don't know when the parts come in. The are 38 Titans infront of waiting for parts...
Definitely call other dealers. I know you're in the OC, which one do you usually go to? I had mine done at Nissan in Rancho Santa Margarita and waited only a week for the parts but that was a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the one in Huntington Beach. There is another one in Costa Mesa (where I bought my truck)that I haven't call yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tyltan said:
I went to the one in Huntington Beach. There is another one in Costa Mesa (where I bought my truck)that I haven't call yet.

They are backordered everywhere. Mine is one of the ones in line. 8 week delay...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The steering wheel shaking problem is getting worst. It shook very bad when I try to stop at 40 mph. I called three dealers and they all have parts back order.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how many miles on your truck? I got mine in 04/04 and it has 6,500 miles. mine hasnt had any break problems yet, just extra dust

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 1500 miles. The problem started around 1000

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
ouch, nothin like showin up early

1 - 15 of 15 Posts