Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,095 Posts
sometimes when I first turn the titan on and try to change gears it doesnt want to release/come down, just started happening but seems to be more and more now and ideas?
You mean hard to get it out of park?

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Yes it's only getting out of park, after that there's no issues
Do you live on a up or down hill?
If you do (or don't I do this anyway) foot on break, put in neutral, put parking break on (all the way), put in park.
That's going to release some pressure off the trany because when the T rolls back on the parking gear its really hard to get out of park and you hear a thud from the trany

· Registered
2,095 Posts
I know the "thud" your talking about and that doesn't even happen with this. It's almost as if something is blocking the shifter from going out of park as if I didnt hold the brake pedal down or something.
and that don't happen all the time?

· Registered
64 Posts
i have been having this same problem.. i have researched and researched and checked the fuses that are recommended and still cant find the problem.. very agrivating...

· Registered
64 Posts
no haven't fixed it.. but i did take the top cover off of the steering wheel and i can release the pin manually to shift out of park.. this is only temporarily till i can get a few days off and some money to leave it at the dealership.. mine is my work truck so if i don't have it i don't work.. kinda sucks

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When it occurs I don't hear the click from the brake release, like today it happened again I let go of the brake then pressed the brake again and heard the click and it came out of park like normal. So I'm figuring it has something to do with the brake release, going to have to do something soon was stuck in park outside of Costco for ten min! Good thing I had food in the truck lol

· Premium Member
3,960 Posts
When it occurs I don't hear the click from the brake release, like today it happened again I let go of the brake then pressed the brake again and heard the click and it came out of park like normal. So I'm figuring it has something to do with the brake release, going to have to do something soon was stuck in park outside of Costco for ten min! Good thing I had food in the truck lol
You can remove the column cover and move the release by hand or follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.mightytitans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19471

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just stuck my finer in where the shifter is and found the switch so no more getting stuck in parking lots. Any ideas on what could have caused this or where I should be looking as far as fixing this goes?

· Premium Member
3,960 Posts
I just stuck my finer in where the shifter is and found the switch so no more getting stuck in parking lots. Any ideas on what could have caused this or where I should be looking as far as fixing this goes?
See if you can get it to act up in your driveway, have someone stand behind the Titan, and see if the brake lights come on when it will not release. If the brake lights do not come on the brake switch may be going bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.